Mikiyas really looks forward to having a sister one day. He often mentions out of the blue that a certain toy he is playing with at the time, he will share with her. When my mom comes to visit, he lets her sleep in his little sister's room [currently where a spare bed is] and makes sure to point it out. Even when friends are over, he will tell them that it is his sister's room. Yesterday he wanted to save his orange julius for his sister. He prays for her too. He knows she is scared and wants to come home.
Last week there was a field trip with daycare. Lyle dropped Mikiyas off and left one of the carseats for Mikiyas to use. I picked Mikiyas up and therefore had to pick up the other carseat. I now had two carseats in my car. Mikiyas got very excited. He thought his sister was "ready" and we were going to get her NOW. Pure disappointment and confusion on his face when I told him we couldn't go yet.
We did buy a new book recently. A beautiful book that is full of history and culture. I recommend it to families as it looks like a terrific book to use for school reports.

2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that the wait is feeling like it is going by faster for you this time. Thanks for the book recommendation.
That looks like a beautiful book. That's great to hear this time your adoption is cruising along a bit faster than the first time.
Rhonda
Post a Comment