It's November 29, 2006.
It's 1 year and 5 days since we signed on the dotted line starting our adoption.
It's 26 days until Christmas.
It's incredibly odd weather outside.
It's cold with blizzards and ice.
It's still busy at work but getting better.
It's crunch time for Lyle's final exam.
It's November 29, 2006.
It's a boy ...
It's 1 year and 5 days since we signed on the dotted line starting our adoption.
It's 26 days until Christmas.
It's incredibly odd weather outside.
It's cold with blizzards and ice.
It's still busy at work but getting better.
It's crunch time for Lyle's final exam.
It's November 29, 2006.
It's a boy ...
That's right! We received our referral for a little boy. He turns one year old on December 10, 2006. He has a beautiful name, but we will wait to share his name until all the paper work is signed.
Lyle and I will now be busy wrapping up loose ends, signing papers, getting ready to pack and hoping and praying for a trip to Ethiopia in soon. We look forward to having our little boy home.
Thanks for all your prayers and support thus far. Please continue to pray for him as he waits to come home.
** Sorry, we are unable to post a photo on the blog.
36 comments:
YEAH !!!! So excited for you guys !!! Hoping that travel will come quickly and that you will soon have your little boy in your arms !!!
Can't wait to be able to check your blog for updated pictures when you are home !!!!
Miracles do happen huh !
Hugs,
Lisa & Pierre
Oh my gosh, Sheri and Lyle!! Congratulations!!! I agree with Lisa, what a miracle to get your referral so soon! I'm so excited for you both! I'll pray for a quick trip to pick up your little boy. Can't wait to hear more!
Cheers!
Gina
what unbelievable joy you must be feeling...so VERY happy for all **3** of you!!!
Holy crap that was fast!!!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!!! Welcome to the boy club... I'm sooooooooo excited!
CONGRATULATIONS... BOTH OF YOU! (AND BABY HATTON TOO)
Fiona
Congradulations!!!!
The long wait is almost over.
Lyn
Praise the Lord Lyle and Sheri for becoming parents.
You will make terrific parents as you let God make decisions for you.
There will be lots.
Terry & Marj
I follow your blog regularly but never really have much to say. You guys are so inspirational and after your long wait your "little" miracle is here. You will make such awesome parents and I wish you guys all the best. Looking forward to seeing photos up soon and to hear about all your adventures.
with love Nancy
WOW! Congragulations!!! I was so not expecting that email. It seems like it happened so quick. (I know not in reality, but still) I am so happy for both of you. It's going to be so incredibly exciting to have all these children coming home soon and hoping growing up together. I just can't express how incredibly excited I am for you. Enjoy all your celebrations.
Christi
Hi Sheri and Lyle,
SO EXCITED for you. Can't wait to start those playdates with our little guys!
So happy for you, so excited.
Lesley
I think I'm gonna cry..
Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys.
When do you find out when you go to Ethiopia?
Hey Sheri and Lyle and Baby Hatton too.
Congratulations. You guys already know how excited I am for you. Can't wait to hear all the details as you get ready to pack, travel and welcome home Baby!
Louise
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! I'm so happy for you! This is really exciting, and I'll be praying for a safe trip to and from Ethiopia. Please don't stop updating on your life, it's been really interesting hearing the insiders view of this process. What a great Christmas present, eh?
Heather
=O Wow... it actually happened! Congrats!!
Congratulations on the referral for the little boy, Sheri!!
He is BEAUTIFUL ! I am crying. I just knew on Sunday that he was coming -( it's so weird, and of course I didn't want to sound like the 1000 other people who say -"I know it's going to happen very soon ") but - Praise the Lord !!!!!! and congratulations !! We're behind you ! love, L&L
Sheri and Lyle!
Congratulations! What wonderful news so close to Christmas. We wish you a safe and speedy journey to Ethiopia to bring your son home. You both are a true inspiration, showing all of us the power of prayer and the even greater power of love. You deserve this moment, relish in it, enjoy it and never forget the joy of this day.
We love you and our thoughts are with you.
Angela and Charles
YAY! Congratulations! Oh, I'm sitting here crying while I write this ! We are soo happy for you!
Tanis, Dean and Girls
So happy for you !!I'm praying for a smooth and speedy trip to go pick up your son!!So exciting ,please keep us all updated.Hope you hear of a date soon ,for the best Christmas gift of all time.Your hearts must be bursting with love to shower down on your new baby boy!Hope it comes very soon!
Hey sheri,
I just wanted to drop you a note and tell you how excited i am for you.
Congrats! that is so wonderful. I look forward to seeing the pictures. I am
at school and i totally made a small seen when I read your blog, people
looked at me like i was strange. Anyway, again I am so very happy for you.
Praise God for his goodness, i know this is the best Christmas gift you
could have ever received. God's got great timing. :)
love steph
Contratulations!!!!!!! Wow, I'm so excited for you. Nice way of putting it.
Right at the end when we're not expecting it. So one in December. Thats
wonderful. Just less than 6 months younger than Titus. They can definately be
playmates. Wow, again, so excited for you. What wonderful Christmas news. Do
you have any idea how long it is until you go? I think you've said before how
long, but I don't remember. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, we have no internet at
home yet since we moved. Hopefully today. I just read it now. Congrats again.
Talk to you soon Sheri!
RUTH : )
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary, mom to many, including 2 from Ethiopia
I just wanted to tell you guys congrats here too! I would do back flips for you guys if I wasn't 220 lbs.!
Have a God day!
Mike M
You guys don't know us..but we have been following your blog as we are also adopting from Ethiopia. Just wanted to say that we are excited for you both!! Waiting to hear more exciting news about your new addition to your family!
God bless,
Craig and Jaclyn
Congratulations!!!!!!! Could there be any better Christmas gift! Praying for a quick trip to Ethiopia....just so happy and excited for you, tears of joy.xoxo
Julie Forde
Dear Sheri & Lyle,
Just a note to say congratulations. I am so happy for you both. Grandma & Grandpa are excited too. I read over your web page. So many emotions, you have been through alot. I always told your mom that God had certain plans for all the love you have to share. All the best to you.
Love Vicky
Congratulations Sheri and Lyle!!!
So excited to hear news of your little son. Praying for a quick travel date!
Sandie
I cannot contain my thoughts of your little boy coming home to share his life with us, looking so forward to that day. :) My prayers surround him with love and protection as each of you wait for the day when you can join your hands together as one family, as I know your hearts have been there for a long time. God's Blessing on each of you, love Mom
Congratulations Sheri and Lyle! What wonderful news and answer to so many prayers. Now that Third Day Christmas song will have even more meaning for you, I'm sure. God's wonderful Christmas gift to you.
Love
Chris, Heather, and the boys
Lyle & Sheri,
So happy to hear your wonderful news. We have been following your journey and we are so glad to hear that your wait is almost over. We will continue to pray for you in the months to come.
Phil & Esther
Lyle and Sheri, Congratulations!!
we are excited for you and we know the wait has been long. But we know God is faithful and has proved it to you again. We pray for His protection over your little boy and for all that needs to be done before you go to Ethiopia.(for the next flight over with the group )
Love you ,Blessings on the 3 of you,
Love mom and dad
:)))) Congratulations guys! I am so happy for you. Best of luck with the next chapter of your journey.
Congratulations!!
Sheri and Lyle,
Wow, we have an awesome God. Stumbled upon your blog after reading Stephen's.
Congrats!!!!!!! I will be looking forward to reading future updates.
Much love
Carol Nattrass
Congratulations!!! My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia and I follow your blog. Its strange but it gives me comfort. We're so happy for you all (3). Praise God it is His perfect timing.
Sheri & Lyle....
Congratulations. I am so thrilled for the both of you and your families. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Best wishes to all of you and I hope you travel soon to Ethiopia to bring your new bundle of joy home.
Mariella in Ontario
Post a Comment