November 08, 2006

Merry Christmas from Third Day

Lyle picked me up from work today. I got in the car and he gave me the IPOD saying "listen to the words". One line in, and my heart skipped a beat. By the end of the first verse I was in tears. Just when I got my emotions under control, the last verse made me melt. My five minute drive home turned into twenty minutes in the car as I listened over and over. I hope you enjoy the song as much as we did. It really hits home. I wish I could post the song for you to actually listen to. For now, it's just the lyrics:

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas

6 comments:

owlhaven said...

I think that song would have me crying too

Mary, mom to many

esther said...

yup...even without the music my eyes are pretty wet...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Heart breaking isn’t it. Hope you have your dream filled soon. Thanks for the updates.
Elsie

Anonymous said...

I think I got a little better understanding of what you must be going through waiting for your child. The stretch marks on your heart, and then reading the lyrics of that song. Wow, it's going to be an exciting day!

Anonymous said...

wow - that's a powerful song...
very meaningful

Anonymous said...

I agree, I just got the CD and when "Merry Christmas" came on I was in tears before the first verse was over.
Merry Christmas & God Bless To All
..................Greg