crib mattress covers
baby duvet blanket covers
nipples / bottles
fitted crib sheets
cloth crib quilts
scabies / lice remedies - creams and shampoos
toys that make noise - talking books that teach colors, alphabet
coloring books & crayons
picture books for kids
shoes for kids up to age 6
clothing for children up to age 10
coats & boots for wet weather - rain coats, kids umbrellas
pyjamas
toothbrushes, toothpaste, towels
antibiotics, cold remedies, tylenol, ibuprofen, antibiotic topical creams, bandages, slings
gowns for caregivers to wear over their clothes
rubber gloves, cleaning cloths
GIFTS
ties, t-shirts, baseball caps
scarves for women [large enough to go around shoulders and head]
earrings
hair clips
shampoos, soaps, lotions - gift size
pencils, paper, envelopes - stationary
crayons, chalk
books, calenders with photos of Canada
postcards, pins, pens, flags, key chains with Canada on them
coffee mugs, clothing
candy gifts - chocolate
If you can help us out with any of the foregoing, we would appreciate it so much. We will also be taking money with us to buy things there to donate. There's more things I did not put on list above, but they're much larger and won't work well with suitcases [cribs, car seats etc.]. Do remember, the lighter the items, the more we take. Books get heavy very fast.
1 comment:
Hi! Lyle & Sheri
I just want to congratulate you both on your upcoming adoption. Wow I get tired just reading through everything you two have to go through before you leave, on your trip there and on your trip back. It has certainly been an eye opening for me to read what all you have to go through. I thought my son and his wife had it rough going through and paying for invitro, it seems like nothing though after reading what you two have to go through.
Sheri you have an amazing way with words, you keep me interested from beginning to end. I do not get on here often but when ever I find the time I am amazed at what else you and Lyle have gone through or have to through yet.
May God continue to bless both of you and your new child to be.
Yvonne
Post a Comment