The parenting course was canceled for last week and this week, due to a family emergency the instructor has had to tend to. We will return for our final two classes April 25 and May 2. It has been pretty quiet around our house with respect to the adoption itself. Somehow though, our schedule just never seems to lighten up. We still keep saying "Starting next week ..."
On Saturday [April 15] myself and my friend / sister-in-law went to Nanaimo. We visited some close friends and picked up a truck load of items for Ethiopia / the garage sale. When I say truck load ... I mean truck load. Mind you, packing the truck in the pouring rain didn't leave much time for the perfect tetris game of getting things in just so. The visit with our friends, and the kids, was very enjoyable. We also visited some of my family over there. It was a really nice visit and reminded me of how much I'm going to cherish every moment with our child[ren] as their futures unfold. Coming home from the Island was another story. Everytime we went over a bump, the truck lit up in music and occasional lights from toys. By the time we hit the Vancouver area, we thought we were going insane.
If you are still wanting to donate to either the garage sale or Ethiopia, please let us know. The garage sale is May 13. If you want to donate specific items to take to Ethiopia, please refer to the Donations list. I've put an easy link on the right so you don't have to search for the previous post. If giving used clothing, we will not be taking stained or torn clothing to the orphanages. And also remember, there is more than 0 - 12 month old children there.
I have posted below the song The Orphan from The Newsboys [thanks Heather for having me listen]. If you get a chance to hear the song, please do so. If you want to hear it but don't have it, I can email it to you. Just let me know. It's beautiful and speaks very strongly about what's on our hearts every day, and about what we're doing.
There's so much more I want to share but I'm trying to keep things shorter and less frequent. Stocking up for later. Once the dossier arrives in Ethiopia and we start waiting for the referral, I'm gonna need things to post.
If you are still wanting to donate to either the garage sale or Ethiopia, please let us know. The garage sale is May 13. If you want to donate specific items to take to Ethiopia, please refer to the Donations list. I've put an easy link on the right so you don't have to search for the previous post. If giving used clothing, we will not be taking stained or torn clothing to the orphanages. And also remember, there is more than 0 - 12 month old children there.
I have posted below the song The Orphan from The Newsboys [thanks Heather for having me listen]. If you get a chance to hear the song, please do so. If you want to hear it but don't have it, I can email it to you. Just let me know. It's beautiful and speaks very strongly about what's on our hearts every day, and about what we're doing.
There's so much more I want to share but I'm trying to keep things shorter and less frequent. Stocking up for later. Once the dossier arrives in Ethiopia and we start waiting for the referral, I'm gonna need things to post.
1 comment:
I love the insanity... randomly activating toys. What fun! Leave one under the seat to "liven up" your morning commute.
I don't have the song btw ;)
Post a Comment