I finally did it. Earlier this week I sent off Mikiyas' yearly post placement report. This one I completed all on my own. During the first year, three are done, but they are all done by the social worker. Thereafter, you do them yourself each year until your child is 18 years old. This was my first one authored by myself. I even discussed the age discrepancy and that we are working on getting it fixed with citizenship. I wonder if that means I'll have one less report to do later?
Regarding the second adoption, we have sent off our background checks. This Saturday we are FINALLY going to the Registry office to request Alberta Driver's Licenses. We had held off in hopes of being able to put our permanent address on them. But alas ... Once we get the new Driver's Licenses, we will go to the Police Head Quarters down town and get our criminal record checks. That is one thing that is different than BC. You can't go to your closes police station to get it done. You have to go to HQ! This means during regular office hours so Lyle will have to take time off work to make it into down town. Ugh!
We received the Country Update from our agency today. Good news and bad news. The good news is our Canadian Rep went to Ethiopia. She met with the Ministry of Women's Affairs on May 7, to discuss the overall program and the specific allegations made by the wonderful [NOT] CBC article on TV. Let me quote:
So, that answers that. I do vividly remember CBC meeting with the woman in Ethiopia showing the list and that we are number 13 on their "Watch List" of NOT complying. Well ... ttthhhpppppttt!! [That's me sticking my tongue out and blowing a na-na-na-boo-boo at you.]
The other good news is that lots of referrals have come in. This past month alone there has been 13, bringing this years number to 37. CONGRATULATIONS H!!!!! So happy you finally got your referral for a daughter. YAY!
The bad news is ... the average wait time for referrals is bumped up to 17 - 21 months. May 31 will not only be Lyle's birthday but also our one year wait for our referral. Hopefully we'll travel by Spring 2010.
Regarding the second adoption, we have sent off our background checks. This Saturday we are FINALLY going to the Registry office to request Alberta Driver's Licenses. We had held off in hopes of being able to put our permanent address on them. But alas ... Once we get the new Driver's Licenses, we will go to the Police Head Quarters down town and get our criminal record checks. That is one thing that is different than BC. You can't go to your closes police station to get it done. You have to go to HQ! This means during regular office hours so Lyle will have to take time off work to make it into down town. Ugh!
We received the Country Update from our agency today. Good news and bad news. The good news is our Canadian Rep went to Ethiopia. She met with the Ministry of Women's Affairs on May 7, to discuss the overall program and the specific allegations made by the wonderful [NOT] CBC article on TV. Let me quote:
"Of particular concern to him was the children and the confidentiality of all children's backgroun and that this information is not for public display."
and
"I specifically asked him about a "Watch List" and he indicated that there isn't a watch list of any kind, however there is a list of all 70 agencies working in Ethiopia and all agencies comply with a random audit of their files, foster homes, staff etc. CAFAC is number 13 on that list of agencies."
and
"I specifically asked him about a "Watch List" and he indicated that there isn't a watch list of any kind, however there is a list of all 70 agencies working in Ethiopia and all agencies comply with a random audit of their files, foster homes, staff etc. CAFAC is number 13 on that list of agencies."
So, that answers that. I do vividly remember CBC meeting with the woman in Ethiopia showing the list and that we are number 13 on their "Watch List" of NOT complying. Well ... ttthhhpppppttt!! [That's me sticking my tongue out and blowing a na-na-na-boo-boo at you.]
The other good news is that lots of referrals have come in. This past month alone there has been 13, bringing this years number to 37. CONGRATULATIONS H!!!!! So happy you finally got your referral for a daughter. YAY!
The bad news is ... the average wait time for referrals is bumped up to 17 - 21 months. May 31 will not only be Lyle's birthday but also our one year wait for our referral. Hopefully we'll travel by Spring 2010.
3 comments:
Thanks!!
21 months - I say "ttthhhpppptt" to that, too!
I hope you guys don't have to wait that long. I'm hoping they revise/streamline the process, get more resources, do SOMETHING to shorten the timelines.
Extending times like this does not benefit anyone.
Imagine waittimes are at 13 months now, so I expect it will be at least 18 months for me this go around...
I second the ttthhhppppptt!! to wait times.
Congratulations on the 1 year mark. Hopefully we will both be surprised with referral news sooner than expected!
Post a Comment