We received a file update today from CAFAC, as a group has just returned from picking up their children. Since we cannot post a picture of Mikiyas, we thought we'd at least crop and share a photo of his fire truck. I'm not sure if it's the truck, or the pink sweatshirt he is wearing, but Mikiyas is doing his usual pout. He's going to make everyone he's near a sucker! That pout could sell a popsicle to an Inuik!Information wise, Mikiyas is a healthy, "sturdy" boy. He eats traditional Ethiopian foods so that's good news for us since we've come to love it so much. Name wise, my brother will be proud to know that for the first time, Michael is referred to on our documentation as being the English version of Mikiyas.
We have no travel date as of yet as some of the documentation following the court date remains outstanding. Am I troubled by this? Only because each day that passes is another day he's not in our home. But I know that it all happens in perfect timing. As a legal professional, I can still say that the system in Ethiopia / Nairobi is much quicker than it is in Canada. For that I am thankful. It's also encouraging knowing that adoptions are placed on a priority list over other processes there. It was interesting talking to someone who had been through this years ago. When adoptions from Ethiopia were still fairly new, she waited twenty-two months from referral to travel. Will I complain anymore? I'll try not to.
In other adoption news, our friend who is adopting from Liberia left on Friday [Mar 30] to pick up her two children. To refresh your memory, we posted information about Liberia's process on January 8, 2007. She waited even longer than we have for our travel date. I remind myself of that every day, and thank God that our process is still happening quicker. So pray for her, and the children, during their travels to/from Liberia and Ghana.
Another thing for us to be thankful for, our court date brought finality after only one hearing. A couple we have come to know have just been advised that they have to proceed with a third [and hopefully last] court date on April 13. This couple used to be perfectly timed with our adoption. Things were happening at the same time almost to the exact date - including the first court date. Please lift them up in your prayers - God will know who you are referring to.
And there is a very special soon-to-be-mom still waiting for her referral that we need to remember in our prayers as well. She has been waiting nine long months for her referral. This lady is close to my heart as we began our adoptions together. Many phone calls and emails have been shared between us. We're right here waiting with you L, and we can't wait to celebrate with you!!
5 comments:
That's great that you got an update and new pics of Mikiyas - how exciting! I'm sure you'll get your travel date soon. You have an awesome attitude, Sheri.
I'm so glad to hear that you got an update today, & very glad to hear that Mikiyas is healthy!
Thanks for the update.... I hope you will be holding Mikiyas in your arms very soon!
Lisa
You always have such a positive attitude in your posts and Its great to hear that things are still moving along. It will be wonderful when we can share his life more completely but it is terrific that we are hearing little bits and pieces along the way. Encouragement always enables us to wait just a little bit longer. Soon you both will be playing fire engine with your son. Lyle better start getting practiced up.
So glad to hear about your update !!
I can see you are like us, anxious to be able to post pictures !!
We're sending lots of positive vibes your way and hoping that Mikiyas will be coming home REALLY soon !!!
Hugs to you both !
Lisa
Post a Comment