February 10, 2008

Homestudy delays...

That's right, we've been delayed which is why there has been no news on here regarding our process. It was estimated that our dossier would be leaving BC for Alberta before January ended, but, no such luck. The report template changed and our social worker had to wait for the new template. Since then, our social worker hasn't been able to finish writing it because of ill co-workers she's had to fill in for. She was hoping to get it done this past weekend.

If she did it get it done, it'll be sent to Sunrise for approval, then emailed to us for approval. Once all the approvals are done, Sunrise does an letter of approval to adopt. We then have all the documents signed off on and sent out to CAFAC in Alberta. Hmm.... maybe before February ends??

Regardless, not having to redo all the education has meant this part of the process has been quite easy for us. And Mikiyas being home to keep us busy means time is flying by so we're not noticing when things slow down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we recently had some very frustrating delays totalling almost three months just to change our child request in the home study due to an inexperienced worker and I have had to remind myself often that this all has to be in God's timing, not in ours and that these delays will ultimately lead us to the children that are meant to be in our family but some days, I am less able to look at the big picture!!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Fingers crossed for the end of February!!!

Rhonda

The Warren Family said...

Hi there,
My name is Shannon and I live in Ontario. My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia and are in the midst of finishing up our homestudy. About one year ago when we started considering adoption and I decided to start searching for information on the net, I happened to come accross your blog. Your blog was the first thing that got me thinking about Ethiopia as a possibility, prior to that it hadn't really crossed my mind. Now we are super ecited to be adopting from Ethiopia. I wanted to say thank you for putting your story out there as it really does make a difference. We decided to start our own blog now and I put a link on it to this one. Let me know if this is a problem and I will remove the link.
Shannon (-:

Amber said...

Isn't it fun? Gotta love all the paperwork and delays. I feel your pain. Hang in there!

The Warren Family said...

I am tagging you (check out my blog for details)
(-: