You've Got To Move It and Escape To Africa!I thought this poster was fitting for our big number 2. No, we've not taken a big leap backwards in our wait for a referral. It's our 2 year anniversary since we started our number 2 adoption.
I think of the time and how it's managed to fly by so quickly. Two years already. That is so annoying to me. I'm glad the time has flown by quickly. I am thankful that I have my first child home already and five more everyday to make the days move fast. It makes me glad that we've moved provinces and are continuing to go through the moving process into a new home [hopefully in January]. It makes me glad for career changes and rollercoaster rides. If my life had just maintained the same monotony as before, these 2 years would have dragged on and made me crazy.
How many months have we been waiting for our referral? EIGHTEEN MONTHS!!
Do you know what that means?
It means we could see a referral as early March. Of course, it also may just mean it's 18 months and we could receive a referral anytime in 2010. One thing I've learned, stop guessing when it's going to happen because nothing in the adoption world is predictable. Remember, we have no control over our "pregnancies"!
So I think of March and hope that we receive our referral by then, if not sooner of course. Lyle has recently learned that his boss and his wife will be going to Africa for 3 weeks next summer. It would be detrimental if they were both in Africa at the same time. Hmm...
As well, we have another AMAZING plan in the works and I'd like to be in Ethiopia in June or July. But God's hand is in that amazing plan and His timing of knitting these things together is always perfect. Soon, very soon, we will be sharing this plan with all of you. Hold on tight ... the future is only gonna get more exciting. True optimism at speak!
3 comments:
Hey, no I asked because I wanted a circular necklace as well, and they said they only sell them through their website now. Maybe if you comment as well they will start carrying them again. Did you also have lots of missing or broken pieces? I was down 6 or 7 pieces between missing or broken pieces.
Ooh, now I am excited to hear what's going to happen!
ooh! do tell...
Post a Comment