Well, we had our first social worker meeting last night which went really great. Not near as stressful as I assumed. I pictured her to be the stereotyped woman from tv. You know, in your face and looking for every possible reason why you would suck as a parent. I was so wrong with this lady. [I have not mentioned her name so as not to divulge what may be private for her.] As much as she cares about the best interests of children, she also cares about the people she is talking to - us! It was such a relief for us both to be with someone we could consider as part of our support group. She made us feel very comfortable and we found it easy to talk and answer questions about our lives. We actually are looking forward to seeing her on our next visit, which is on December 30. We have a lot of work to do between now and the 30th. Paper work, forms, background checks etc. plus a large portion of our educational component. It's a lot of work but so exciting and it'll be so worth it in the end.
Thank you everyone for your posted messages and emails. Your support is very important to us. Please continue to keep this adventure in your prayers. If we don't post before the 25th, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Thank you everyone for your posted messages and emails. Your support is very important to us. Please continue to keep this adventure in your prayers. If we don't post before the 25th, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
2 comments:
I will be praying for both of you.
Pete.
Good luck guys
Post a Comment