It is unfortunate that this post brings sad news. A family from Squamish, BC [I have chosen to not post the name for privacy sake] had signed the acceptance papers for a referral from Ethiopia when only hours later their new little girl passed away. It was a very quick death, the cause being menengitis. Please pray for this family as they heal from their loss and at the same time take steps forward for a new referral. May God pour upon this family love, comfort, support and continued trust. It is a reminder of the reality that comes with the excitement and joy.
There are many families in all stages of the adoption process. A group left just yesterday to pick up their children at the orphanage in Ethiopia. Lyle and I are blessed that we can share with each of you our story, asking for support and trusting God each step of the way. We too long for a healthy child. As you remember to pray for us and our future child, please remember the many others as they go through the same adventure.
Before we met, I wanted you ... Before I found you, I loved you ... Before I touched your face, I would die for you ... This is the miracle of love.
February 13, 2006
Prayer Request
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that would be tough... lifted up and dashed back down. I'll pray for them and for you both "que sera, sera" and the strength to deal with it.
On a side note, Lyle looks hella evil in the new picture, LOL. I wish I could pull that off.
Oh my goodness. That is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with them and you guys as well as it's just another harsh reminder no matter biological or adopted our children are very precious.
Post a Comment