July 23, 2006

Needle day one

Today is our first day with the travel doctor to start the whole immunization process. I am not sure if I will be so lucky though. Lyle may be all on his own.

I have been sick since one day after returning from holidays. Started out as a minor scratchy throat. Now it's in my chest making breathing difficult at times. With the temperatures as they are [it was 34 degrees inside our house when we went to bed] it doesn't help. The thick air is actually affecting my asthma. Something that I haven't had a problem with in many years.

So we'll see if the good doctor will let me start the process.

I have done an additional post below this of an article from the Toronto Star. It's a little lengthy but really gives some insight into what issues arise from inter-racial adoptions.

As some of you have probably noticed, if you go to write a comment, it now asks you to type in the verification word. I have had to do this because we started to get spam comments. Sorry for any inconvenience to you who like to be "quick".

Take care all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of crazy... never had a clue it could be such an issue. Funny how some kids just want to be different and some kids just want to belong...

Hope you feel better soon :) I want to see Lyle's car now!