November 23, 2007

Today is...

Today is November 23, 2007.
Today is a special day.
Today we celebrate.

Two years ago today we signed the adoption paperwork to start our first adoption journey. It seems so long ago, but like it was only yesterday.

Six months ago today we met our son, Mikiyas, for the first time. We looked deep into his eyes. We embraced his smile. We wrapped our arms around him. We kissed his cheeks. We wiped away his tears. We were fulfilled beyond words. We became parents.

Today we signed the adoption paperwork to start our second adoption journey. Each day waiting for our daughter will seem like an eternity, but it will happen so fast.

17 comments:

DEBRA said...

congratulations on starting your journey to your daughter. That is exciting news.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am crying...I am touched by the moment, how special it is. I am happy for you and am praying for this new grandchild to be welcomed into our world with love and hope just as Mikiyas was and is. Looking so forward to meeting her when the day arrives....

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm very glad for you!

nicky

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all that life has to offer you.
All things that are good will be wished upon you as you deserve nothing but the best.
You are loved by many.

The Good Luck Guy

Anonymous said...

DANG! Congrats... again =D You must have a thing for spending money! Joking, joking ;)

emily said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys.

Heather :) said...

Best of luck with your journey....i'll be right there beside you! Maybe we'll travel together!

esther said...

wonderful news!!!
hope you enjoy your journey to your daughter :)

Tracey said...

Congratulations! What exciting news, we are thrilled for you!!
YAY!

leona hatton said...

HI Just read your blog. We are just as excited as we were with Mikiyas. He will be an awesome little brother.We love him so much. You guys are doing such a great job raising him.God has blessed you with a precious gift. we have already been praying for that special little girl you want.God will bless you with the perfect match just as he did with Miki.
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! So exciting... huge congrats!
Dallas, Lisa, Zane & Ayana

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Congratulations !!!!!!

SOOO excited for you, Lyle and Mikiyas !!! I cannot wait to follow the journey to your daugther !!!

Lisa

Ricki said...

YAY!!!!! How special that you get to start your second journey on the anniversary of your first one! I can't wait to follow along!

Wishing you a smooth and quick as possible journey to your daughter,
Ricki

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to you all. You have once again brought tears of joy to my eyes for the complete and utter happiness we feel as you start another journey to meet your daughter. God bless your journey and we can't wait to read on....
Much love, the Bradfords

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

That is GREAT news. Congrats and looking forward to following your journey to your daughter. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting...a little girl!! Yay!! We are also hoping to adopt again, but have to wait until August to start any paperwork...Darn Ontario laws! :):):) THat is so exciting!!

Jenny said...

Every time I read this post I get all teary. Congratulations again!