Lyle and I were FINALLY watching TV together last night after Mikiyas went to bed. This doesn't happen often as Lyle's usually doing homework, or I'm finally getting to the stack of bills on the desk or tidying this or that ... you know, the usual running of the household.
We were watching "Criminal Minds". I've only seen the show a couple of times before and it seemed pretty good. Last nights show was about two serial murders. The FBI was profiling the killers based on what they would see at crime scenes. Two very different men, including different races, yet they considered themselves brothers. In that context, this is what was said: "Maybe he's adopted. Dysfunctional family could make him do it." ... something along those lines as I didn't write it down word for word.
I looked at Lyle and said "I like being a dysfunctional family". I know that a dysfunctional family can drive people to do crazy things, but it was interesting how the two lines came right after each other.
We were watching "Criminal Minds". I've only seen the show a couple of times before and it seemed pretty good. Last nights show was about two serial murders. The FBI was profiling the killers based on what they would see at crime scenes. Two very different men, including different races, yet they considered themselves brothers. In that context, this is what was said: "Maybe he's adopted. Dysfunctional family could make him do it." ... something along those lines as I didn't write it down word for word.
I looked at Lyle and said "I like being a dysfunctional family". I know that a dysfunctional family can drive people to do crazy things, but it was interesting how the two lines came right after each other.
2 comments:
I hope that's not how the world views people who are adopted!
Rhonda
Ha! I saw that episode too and thought they painted adoption with a fairly broad brush. I find I'm much more sensitive to comments about "adopted" kids or family siutations than I used to be.
At Xmas time, Old Navy had an inter-racial commercial on TV. I loved it.
Barb
Post a Comment