Back in September [click here] I posted about Mikiyas having 3 birthdays in one year and how I was going up against Canadian Citizenship to get Mikiyas' age changed legally. Well .... after 10 months of waiting for a response, I finally got one yesterday.
It's not bad news, but it's not the best news you could either. It is good news I think. I received a two page letter simply requesting that I now send in some updated passport-type photos. They didn't say "no, we're not changing his age" and they didn't say "yes, it'll be changed as soon as we get the photos". But I am guessing that since they want the ID photos they'll be doing his new citizenship identification card. They've also got it all pre-addressed for me to a specific desk with a case number so hopefully I won't be waiting another 10 months to hear further.
However, to keep me from floating above the clouds, I'm also remembering that this is the government and anything is possible. My next letter may tell me I just spent more money for ID photos for no reason. Hoping not!
It's not bad news, but it's not the best news you could either. It is good news I think. I received a two page letter simply requesting that I now send in some updated passport-type photos. They didn't say "no, we're not changing his age" and they didn't say "yes, it'll be changed as soon as we get the photos". But I am guessing that since they want the ID photos they'll be doing his new citizenship identification card. They've also got it all pre-addressed for me to a specific desk with a case number so hopefully I won't be waiting another 10 months to hear further.
However, to keep me from floating above the clouds, I'm also remembering that this is the government and anything is possible. My next letter may tell me I just spent more money for ID photos for no reason. Hoping not!
5 comments:
We had to provide new photo's when we got Dassie's age changed on her citizenship.
So it sounds like you are going to get it done because everytime we went down the wrong road to get it done, they just sent the card back.
Terri
At least it's a step. And hopefully forward in the right direction. Keep us posted on how things go.
I'm sure it is going to work out for you. When we changed Dassie's birth date on her citizenship, we had to send in new pictures. I guess I forgot to tell you to send in new pictures when you send in the application. Sorry!
Everytime we went down the wrong road with citizenship, they sent us back the card and said NO!
Terri
Terri,
We had sent in pictures with ours. They just wanted new ones because so much time had passed. They're supposed to be within the last 12 months, and 11 months have passed since the photos so they want current ones now.
It took 11 months to get back to you? Wow, things have slowed down. No wonder you are so relieved that you have a number and desk to send it to. It could be quite the merry go round of pictures expiring before the card is done.
I won't say congratulation yet, because it is the government, but it looks like it will happen.
Terri
Post a Comment