It's July 9 today. I can't believe that our Dossier has been in Ethiopia for a whopping 25 months. Amazingly, the sadness, depression, frustration etc. is a pretty rare feeling. The days fly by so fast that it's only when I look at the calendar and think of how long it's been that I want to yell at the wall.So what does July 9 signify? It means that today ... finally ... we got our provincial approval in the mail.
How long ago did we move to Alberta? 19 1/2 months ago
How long ago did we do our homestudy update? one year ago to the day
It appears that everything in this adoption is moving slower than a snail. However, given that snails generally live between 5 to 25 years, I do hope we pick up speed.
Reviewing the past few months of country updates from CAFAC, we estimated the other day that a referral could possibly come in approximately 3 to 4 months. However, that doesn't mean that it'll happen right at that point. We all know we should never bother estimating because all that does is break your heart. We're hoping sooner than 3 to 4 months [duh!], but we know it could also happen next year. And so could the rapture.
So that's where we're at. TWENTY-FIVE months and counting since DTE. THIRTY months and counting since we started this adoption.
But, we are blessed with the wonderful news that our provincial approval arrived today. That's a much needed, and very delayed, step in all of this. Now, to send it and all the other stale-dated information off to CAFAC! Will do that first thing Monday morning.
7 comments:
Every step, no matter how slow, is so important. Congrats on your provincial approval. I'm glad summer is helping you pass the time.
Will you guys be coming to Afrikadey Aug 14th? All the cool kids will be there.
Glad you have that provincial approval in your hands at last.
And yes! Afrikadey! You should try to make it :)
Sometimes it is so hard not to guess and count - I think it is a part of hoping. You and I are on the same pace for our DTE - want to join a club?
L
So glad to hear you finally got your provincial approval!
The wait is so hard but know we are hear supporting you!
Glad that you are another big step forward. CAN. NOT. wait for that referral.
Congrats on getting the provincial approval! One more step done! I keep hoping to hear about your referral any day! It's gotta be soon! I like your remark about the rapture. It made me smile.
well, it took FOREVER but I'm glad it's not something you have to worry about anymore. here's to the next step!!!
Post a Comment