September 24, 2010

Confession Friday

My dear friend T, whom I miss too much, does a fun, yet therapeutic, thing every Friday.  I'm going to take a wing at it and see how I do.  Confession Friday begins today:

1.  I had Monday off work.  By Tuesday 10:30 am I had to resort to a spoonful of icing from the kitchen to feel functionable!

2.  I have been looking for about three years for a pair of high heeled, just below the knees, dressy boots.  Next weekend I am going to Mamma Mia with a girl-friend.  I finally became desperate to own a pair of these boots as they would go perfectly with the black and white mini-dress I bought 3 years ago!  Monday, I finally found some boots, but not in my size.  They're a 1/2 size too small.  Maybe a full size.  I bought them anyway.  I've been wearing them every night with 3 pairs of wool socks to stretch them out.  They fit beautifully now.

3.  I skipped teaching Mikiyas Social Studies on Monday to buy said boots.

4.  Wednesday, a dayhome mom brought donuts for Mikiyas' birthday and brought me a hot chocolate.  I succumbed to have just that for breakfast.  

5.  I will go to a store multiple times in less than a week to save money.  Not a bad thing I suppose.  Last year at season end, I sought out a pair of brown winter boots I loved at Mark's WorkWear House.  They searched across Canada for a pair in my size and there were none left.  So I bought them in black.  I knew they were priced wrong but didn't admit it and got them for an amazing deal.  They were 99.00 and I paid 39.00.  I felt guilty and returned them.  Besides, they weren't brown anyway.  This year, they are back!  

Not having unpacked my winter wear yet, I forgot my desire to have brown boots.  I bought them in black.  They were under the wrong sale sign, which I knew.  I expected to pay full price, now being 109.99.  The teller knew too and offered to give them to me for 25% off.  Sweet!  I also had a gift card for 25.00.  I walked out paying 61.61 for them.  

I returned the next day with a 10.50 coupon.  They told me the day before they'd honor it if I found it at home.  I was now down to 51.11.  

Having received a light snow fall on Tuesday, I decided I should start looking for the winter wear.  I pulled out my brown jacket and went "duh!"  I wanted brown!  Yesterday Mikiyas had gymnastics and I would have time to go back to the store again and see if they had brown in my size.  I did just that.  I ended up waiting in line FOREVER because it was the 20% off everything sale.  Without asking, they honored that for me too.  I paid 35.89 TOTAL for my boots priced at 109.99.

This year, I don't feel guilty.  Just a woman who doesn't know where she found the time for all that!

5.  Woke up to Mikiyas having a blood shot eye.  I panicked thinking pink eye!!  First thought?  We'd have to cancel his birthday party tomorrow as it's highly contagious.  Less work for me!!  YAY!  In the end, I'm so glad it's not pink eye, but I am thinking of all the party work.  

Okay.  That's all I can think of.  Hopefully I'm doing this right.  T, let me know. 

No comments: