December 24, 2010

Confession Friday

I confess that...

... I went to start my Confession Friday, even though I haven't done it for two weeks, and realized that I wrote one three weeks ago and forgot to publish it.  If you scroll down to December 3 you can see what I confessed there.

... It's Christmas Eve and I feel excited.  I think I'm more excited than I have been for years.  It's our first Christmas in our own house for many years.  And it's our first Christmas in our own house since Mikiyas!  Time has flown a little too fast.

... We've spent a fair amount of time in front of the TV this month watching Christmas movies.  It's been so much fun.  The best was actually watching Mikiyas while he watched Home Alone for the first time.  He couldn't get enough.  "Rewind, rewind!" 

... I'm looking forward to watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation tonight! 

... I've been enjoying the wonderful gifts dayhome families have been giving me.  Some have even been for the whole family.  There are some very generous people out there!

... I bought a $10.00 gift card at McDonalds the other night simply to help the cashier attempt to win a contest with another coworker - who can get to $100.00 in gift cards the fastest!

... After having some fears about Carmin dying at Christmas, I'm settling down.  The fact that when I called the Vet for a refill on his steroids and she was shocked, to say the least, that he was alive, gave me hope.  Not only is he alive, he's gained a little weight and will now walk down the hallway to another bedroom.  

... The other night I wanted to ring Carmin's neck.  The kitty litter is in our ensuite because he can no longer make it to the basement to relieve himself.  Around 2:00 am he found the energy for about an hour to dig noisily.  I figured he was going to China.  Lyle figures he was trying to build a sand castle.  With the energy he had, I don't think he was digging his own grave!

... For the first time ever in history, I do not have the time between Christmas and New Years off work.  I find it strange and regretful.  It's so weird!

... I'm so proud of Lyle and his fantastic new job.  He's really proving his worth there and everyone is acknowledging it, as they should.  I'm also proud of him for sticking out the crap until this one came along for him.

... We moved the cable box down to the basement TV.  We all seem to enjoy it better there, and there's way less TV happening because it's not in the main living area. 

... I love my basement set up but can't stand being in it without wishing that it was done.  It is so cold and unfinished.

... I'm PMSing my way through Christmas.  All the Christmas baking I did is going to come in handy!!

No comments: