December 03, 2010

Confession Friday

I confess that...

... I am writing this Thursday night for two reasons.  One, I am procrastinating on doing legal documents for someone.  Two, I know tomorrow will be too busy to do it.

... I am wearing a Snuggie while doing this because our unfinished basement is too cold.

... I have finished all my Christmas baking.  This week I made sugar cookies, shortbread, milk chocolate almond bark, white chocolate almond bark, ginger snaps, Skor shortbread bars, almond biscotti, peanut butter cups, unbaked chocolate fudge cookies and marshmallow squares.  Yum. I pulled off baking both almond barks today while holding a child that refused to be put down.  I may just have to try the lapa with her one day.

... In addition to running the household, homeschooling, running dayhome and teaching preschool, I am now back to doing computer work for a few months for a company in Richmond.  I am looking forward to doing something that doesn't involve diapers and screaming.  However, if you can imagine it, blog posts may get less for a bit.

... I have entered December with a new daily schedule and am already loving it.  Being day two is now complete, let's see if the novelty wears off.

... I laughed hysterically last night when my child yelled: "For the sake of goodness!".  I must say "for goodness sake" too much.

... I am so delighted that Lyle has a new job.  He starts in a week and a half.  We will see him more!!  

... After eleven and a half years of marriage, I am happy that I can still be excited to see my spouse more.

... In addition to my brother pointing out my gray hair last week, and going to the BC Royal Tyrrell Museum only to see toys I played with on display, saying I've been married for eleven and a half years makes me feel old.  

... I have finally hit absolute insanity.  I am hosting the kids' Christmas party in my house tomorrow ... eleven children!!!!  Yes, I will have mom volunteers but still!

... I was hit with a wave of disappointment.  After many years of always taking a week off at Christmas, I realized I do not get any time off this Christmas.  It falls on a weekend AND apparently children still need child care.  Hmph.

... The above was written December 3.  I forgot about it and am now publishing it December 23!  Whoops!

No comments: