I confess that:
1. I am writing this Monday because doing it Friday seems to be a difficult task for me. I'm too busy Fridays.
2. I have steroids in the house and they're used daily. Carmin [cat] is doing very well on steroids. His strength has increased and he's eating now. Doesn't eat much, but the food is going in. And for those that care and ridicule us, no we haven't added a second mortgage to the house to help our cat. It was a whopping $24.00 for three weeks!
3. I have let myself wonder if people think I'm screwed up because I'm so upset about the cat. But I've tossed those thoughts aside numerous times as I don't really care. For me, and I know for many other people, pets are family members. So I can't care what others think. And I'm not the only one who has cried over our cat's lymphoma.
4. I was going to send out a few Christmas cards to people but have held off in hopes that I can add my daughter's name to the card. We decided to cut down on Christmas cards BIG time this year and donated the money, but a few people will still get a card. Or perhaps they won't. Depends on if I choose to write out cards without a referral name.
5. We went to Ikea and bought Mikiyas a desk for his bedroom. He requested it so he could do school work away from dayhome kids. We obliged. I find it weird that my six-year old has a desk and laptop in his bedroom. What will he "need" when he's ten?!
6. I had such wonderful joy watching my son be overly happy the past two days. He's been down in the dumps as of late, and he hasn't been able to figure out why. It was joyous seeing him find happiness again.
7. Having had quiet an emotionally draining week due to the cat and some other unforeseen reasons, I have found great solace in my husband. He has been an amazing support and has shown a whole lot of patience.
8. I have eaten so much chocolate the last week I've probably used the entire grocery budget. OK. Not really. Sure is close though.
9. I was very close to cursing when the light fixture poured water onto my floor again the other day. Sorry plumber, you were wrong. You didn't fix the leak with a tiny little spacer in the bathroom shower faucet on the other end of the house. I was right. You were wrong. Today you start tearing holes in drywall.
10. I feel greedy in needing more happy thoughts when I'm blessed with my amazing family, pets, a terrific home beautifully decorated for Christmas ........ I feel greedy but I need more happy thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment