Today, I confess that:
1. I'm loving my morning with only three children in the house, including my darling Mikiyas.
2. I was starting to consider a country change when we received a more positive Country Update. We'll save the country change for later.
3. I'm almost all done Christmas shopping.
4. We are not sending out near as many Christmas cards this year. Spending 85.00 on stamps and cards last year was ridiculous. This year, the money went to children in Uganda needing much more than a useless Christmas card.
5. My dog has brought me daytime calmness and serenity amongst the chaos. My cats continue to bring me evening relaxation. I love my pets.
6. I ate chocolate for breakfast. But I did have healthy omelets and smoothies with spinach for dinner last night.
7. I've set a goal for September 2011. I'm hoping it's not unrealistic. I'm learning to trust God more on this one, but I'm scared that it's not a realistic goal.
8. I'm working on a legal case for a family member. Each time there's a task at hand I hate it and it makes me nervous because it's been too long since I've done that kind of legal work. But each time I complete the task, it makes me feel good again.
9. I know nothing about politics, especially the recent elections here. I didn't vote simply because I knew/know zero about what was/is going on.
10. When Mikiyas was unloading the dishwasher yesterday he dropped and broke a large glass on floor. I took a deep breath, counted and cleaned up. I didn't get mad. We discussed being careful, not letting the dog distract us ... Two minutes later, he dropped a glass bowl and it too broke on the floor. I then got mad. I had to be reminded that more important than dents in the floor, broken dishes, my time cleaning up, his not paying attention etc., Mikiyas was not hurt. We both apologized.
No comments:
Post a Comment