October 29, 2010

Confession Friday

Didn't I just do last week's confessions?  Yes I did.  Just the other day, while under some sort of influence.  Well, here goes this week's.  I confess that:

1. I'm tired of hearing how perfectly well everyone else feels after getting their wisdom teeth pulled.  People, please remember that we all handle surgeries differently.  And also note that my teeth weren't just pulled.  They were half way out, while the other half was sideways impacted into my jaw.  

2. I aged another year on Wednesday.  I don't feel different.  Maybe I've been on too many muscle relaxants.

3. I felt like I put my jaw out when I tried to bite into a delicious cupcake my son made for my birthday.  I stretched too far trying to eat something I wasn't necessarily supposed to.  Served me right.

4. I used some of my birthday money to pay some things off.  

5. I had an urge to go to the mall and just spend money on anything I wanted, no matter the cost.  Thank the Lord I took kids with me to make it too difficult to shop.  I walked out only spending enough to get my son and his friend each a T-shirt on sale from the newly opened Disney Store.

6. I've occasionally felt like our adoption is going so slow that Mikiyas will grow up being an only child.  Really.  Not just words I'm saying.  I've honestly felt that he'll always have imaginary siblings.  

7. I've found comfort for number 6 in bringing a dog into our lives.  Oh how she makes me happy!

8. After eating more mashed potatoes and desperately wanting something more, I walked over to the fridge, pulled out a tub of Cool-Whip, stuck my whole hand in it and pulled out a large mound.  I walked over to the table where Mikiyas had his back to me and as he was mid-sentence talking to Lyle, I shoved my Cool-Whipped hand all over his face.  We laughed hysterically!  I told him he just had dessert.  He ate every ounce and begged me not to clean his face off until he had indeed eaten every ounce.

9. I've forgotten how to do blog posts in the past two weeks of chaos.  I have to remind myself of the importance in doing them.  Not only does some of my family appreciate the updates, but I find it somewhat therapeutic among the insanity.

No comments: