She is so much like me. I'm not like her. She wants to do what I do. Seriously.
Comments still occasionally come that I'm doing what Angelina Jolie did. Adoption. I even get occasional comments that I look like her, which I find so hard to believe. Regardless, I can now joke a little more that she is doing what I do. She is following in my footsteps. Why?
Firstly, we actually started Mikiyas' adoption before her first adoption, that being Ethiopia, went public. Perhaps even before she started, but who knows that timeline. She just received her daughter far quicker and it appeared that we were following her.
Secondly, I requested from my family, and received, my Akawelle necklace for Valentine's 2009. This summer, Angelina bought one too. And apparently she bought one for all her kids. Sorry kids, my bank account isn't quite as larger as hers. See here.
So, she's taking after me. Right?! Ha-ha. In all seriousness, I don't mind if people feel such a need to express that I'm like her. She has done amazing things for children and adults around the world. Go Angelina!
2 comments:
Oh, love this post. So true. I feel the same way, with the same timeline stuff. Just not Ethiopia. Funny how these celebrities just don't have to wait years, though. Hmmmm, just not too sure about that part.
Funny - I am always trying to convince people that Angelina must be copying me!!! But I don't have the necklace, so I think you're right...I think she is trying to be just like you!
I know that a lot of people get super offended by the Angelina comments but I agree with you that anything that brings attention and awareness to the cause of orphans, adoption, and the needs in the developing world is a good thing.
Post a Comment