November 13, 2010

Confession Friday

Today, I confess that:

1. Our line of credit balance is much too high.  Did I just admit that?  Yes, I did.  UGH! 

2. Have I mentioned how much I hate going to the dentist?  Yes, numerous times.  I just had a consult with a second dental surgeon for surgery number two, scheduled for January 2011.  Ergo number 1.

3. I was annoyed with myself that I let a comment from someone make me feel guilty [even if only for a few minutes] for going to Grease without Lyle.  I'm glad my husband doesn't see it that way.  He's so awesome!  While I was at Grease, he enjoyed a great guy's night out. 

4. I'm struggling in the area of guilt.  I am a strong person in many areas, but I am easily controlled with guilt.  You lay guilt on me, I will feel horrible forever and you can control me.  Recently, I was controlled through guilt while trying to make the best decision for my family.  I'm learning, with Lyle's and my mom's assistance, to not let guilt run me over.  I get physically ill, run down, tired, emotional and won't easily say no to anyone for fear of feeling guilty.  So, as in number 3, if someone says something the wrong way, I am lead to feel guilty and then harbor bad feelings too long.  Please don't abuse my vulnerability here by using guilt against me now. 

5. Mikiyas has two chocolate bars in the pantry from Halloween.  I really want to eat them, but haven't.  

6. I hate it when people forget that we are expecting.  I know adoption takes so long. I know we have no growing belly to prove it.  I know it gets tiring hearing "no news".  But it bothers me that people don't think of adoptive families as expecting families.  Please refer to this post on my adoption blog.

7. I'm posting this on Saturday because I didn't have time on Friday to write the referred to blog post in number 6. 

No comments: