February 06, 2011

Confession Friday, Late Again

I confess that...

... there was a whole lot of sickness in this house over the past week.  Colds, flues, early onset pneumonia...  I'm seriously shocked that our family has stayed healthy through it all.

... I don't enjoy walking down three flights of stairs to find a shirt to wear while the enormous hole in my closet apparently takes a week to fix.  Tomorrow... tomorrow... maybe tomorrow... yeah, you keep saying that.

... although I'm so thankful that we have a bed to sleep on, I've grown a love-hate relationship with my bed.  I'm tired of waking up with back pain.  

... I also dislike bed shopping.  Every bed feels better than the one I've got so how am I supposed to know which one to buy.  There seems to be way too many choices these days.

... Valentine's Day is next week and although we usually don't do anything for Valentine's Day, we are this year.  It's called buying a new bed!

... big thoughts have been moving through my mind regarding the future growth of our family.  No, I will not share.  You're lucky you now know that I even have thoughts moving.  

... although it was hard hearing kids were sick last week and couldn't come to my house, I sure enjoyed being able to take Mikiyas out on a play date and have a terrific visit with a dear friend at her house for a change.  

... after years of doing one, I didn't write out my two-week menu and grocery list when I should have.  I did the menu a few days late and it was the oddest thing.  I didn't handle not knowing what was for dinner very well.  

... I will walk across the room or to the bottom/top of the stairs to flick the light switch rather than the one right beside me so that the light switch is up if on and down if off.  It's a compulsion.  The fact that there is a light switch installed upside down in my house still drives me bananas whenever I use that light.

... I dream of having a vacation almost daily.  I'm praying that on Saturday night we win one.  Maybe it'll be us that gets the draw prize.  Maybe.  Maybe.  Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you win a vacation??

We need a new bed too...sigh......it sucks doesn't it?

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Your Valentines sounds like ours, but just replace "bed" with "couch".

L