I confess that ...
... I haven't done this in a few weeks because I let my Fridays fly by in a flurry each week. Each Friday was filled to the brim.
... I spent February 18 trying to arrange a last minute trip to BC for Mikiyas and I since we had a long weekend. It didn't work out.
... I spent the morning of February 25 sitting in a dentist's chair freaking out. Again. At one point, I felt so much pain I had tears streaming down my face. I almost walked out, damn in place and all. Seriously, they think those damns are such wonderful things but they're not. I was ready to give them my definition for their "damn" things.
... I have given my notice to my clients that I will be taking Mondays off work again to focus better on Mikiyas himself, Mikiyas' schooling and Mikiyas' alone time with me. He shares me so much that he deserves to be a little more selfish in this area.
... I found a recipe for Ravioli Lasagna. I loved it so much I made it twice in one week. Quick, easy and delicious!
... we finally did Mikiyas' grade 1 school pictures. A few months late, but right on time when comparing to last years schedule. He was much harder to photograph this year than last. He tried so hard to do the perfect picture that in most takes he looked frightened or shocked.
... we finally did our passport photos and filled out applications. Soon we will each have a valid passport. Maybe one day we'll use them for travel!
... I love our passionate caregroup. Prayer time is so phenomenal. I'm so excited for growing with this group of people. And I'm so excited that it just so happens that there are others there from various countries of Africa. I can get help with hair!
... something special was said by someone I hardly know. But this something made me excited about our adoption again. It's amazing how just the right words, the most unexpected words, from an unknown person rather than those spoken to so often, can make a world of difference.
... my son fills me with so much pride that I feel like I'm bursting. Some how, in the same day, he can also fill me with an abounding amount of frustration and / or guilt.
... I love my husbands passion for serving others. He is inspiring. I love that God synchronized our passions to make an awesome team.
... my mom went on a vacation and I can't call her whenever I want to have my BFF chats. I'm missing her and want her to either get home or extend her vacation so it includes a visit to my house.
... I learned that I am a huge over achiever and it's okay for an over achiever to occasionally quit something when it benefits other areas of life. Shhh.... don't tell.
... after a long hiatus of reading due to busyness, I finally finished a book and have even started reading another one! Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment