Confession Monday. Maybe that works better for me. Fridays I'm usually too busy.
I confess that:
... I spent my weekend reading all four books of the Tw*l*ght series. All 2,444 pages. Yes, I did manage to still get cleaning, laundry, eating done. We even had dinner guests one evening, so I didn't completely negate my responsibilities.
... I am thankful to Lyle for giving me a most relaxing weekend of reading.
... I was not a ga-ga Tw*l*ght fan, but I did enjoy the movies. Now that I've read all the books, the movies aren't near as good. Perhaps I ruined the movies for myself.
... I stayed home reading which meant I didn't spend any money this weekend!
... I laughed hearing my son tell me that I didn't need to worry that there were many woman much prettier than me.
... my stomach is rather nauseous and I'm making a creamy celery and fennel soup from scratch. This means my already upset stomach is smelling black licorice [yech] and staring at a pot of bright green slop. Will I eat tonight?
... I read our Country Update today from CAFAC. I was upset enough that I felt like throwing in the towel. If not for the fact that we have put more than three years into this adoption already, I would! Good thing I felt quite relaxed when the email came. I could have made a very bad, spontaneous phone call out of anger.
4 comments:
That's awesome about the relaxing weekend reading. It stinks that your country update didn't contain good news (I'm assuming). It is also lousy that you feel sick. The bright green licorice smelling slop is probably not helping.
I hope that tomorrow is a better day all around!
I hear you about the CAFAC update. It sucks! I was very discouraged too after reading it. We've put in 2.5 years and don't want to just throw that away either. I wish there was an easy solution.
Yikes, that sounds like a terrible update. Glad you were relaxed to start with, but too bad it couldn't have stayed that way!
thinking of you guys during this ever-lengthening wait!
Post a Comment