March 25, 2011

Referral News!!

Our referral came today.  My cousin's birthday is today too.  I'm sure I'll never forget her birthday now knowing that March 25, 2011 is the day we received the referral.

Someone asked me how come I was so calm.  We are calm.  Our house is calm.  It has been busy with phone calls and emails since the social worker left about an hour ago so we're celebrating with macaroni and cheese with hotdogs.  Not exactly the celebratory dinner.  It's quick and easy.  

We're beyond excited.  We're happy.  We're delighted.  But we're calm and just going on about the night as normal.  After waiting 3 1/2 years the reality of actually receiving a referral hasn't fully set in.  It will. 
She is beautiful.  She looks so much like Mikiyas, although her curly hair isn't nearly as tight as Mikiyas'.  She is 7 months old.  Much younger than we expected as we asked for under 3 years and usually referrals come through at the higher end of the age request.  So the age is a surprise.

She is stunning.  She's healthy, cute and has a beautiful name. 

When we started Mikiyas' adoption, I always felt that we would end up with a child filled with compassion.  And boy - did that become reality!!  Since we started this adoption, I always felt that our little girl would be filled with grace.  Her given name suits her well.  Mihret [meaning forgiveness]. We have given her her middle name:  Desta [meaning joy].

In short: We welcome to our hearts [and one day our house] Mihret Desta.  And we are so blessed and in love with her beauty.

34 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

So happy for you!!!! :)

Dancin' Momma said...

So happy for you!!!! :)

BCMommy said...

Yay!!!!! COngrats Sheri, Lyle and Mikiyas! Her name is so pretty!

Man, what a looong wait!!!

Claire

Kendra said...

Great news! I am very happy for you!

Primed Educational Associates said...

Woo hoo!!!!
Congratulations!!

Laura

Connie said...

Finally!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I've been waiting very much for you guys to get a referral already. The name is beautiful and I can't wait to see what she looks like.

Keltie said...

I am over the moon for your family!!!!!!! Enjoy these special days. :)

Anonymous said...

The tears won't stop!

Tammy said...

Congratulations! We received a referral in February for a beautiful little girl who just turned 6 months old. It will be great to see the girls interact and play and our local gatherings!

Debbie said...

HHHOOOORRRAAAYYYY...... CONGRATULATIONS........
Debbie

Proudmama said...

Congratulations!!! Enjoy looking at her little face! I hope she will join your family soon,

Courtney

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh, I was just on my way to bed and say "referral" and jumped right over her. Congrats, what absolutely amazing news. So wonderful and so blessed.

Enjoy.

L

emily said...

What?????? Oh my this is such amazing news! I'm SOOOOOO excited for you and Mikiyas and Lyle!!! A sweet little girl. I love her name.
Enjoy staring at her picture! You've waited so long. May everything else come together quickly so she can come home!

xo
emily

Dianne said...

Congratulations, Sheri and family!! I am so, so happy for you. How wonderful that you can now see who you have been waiting for all this time.

Sharla said...

What, what, what?!?! This is incredible!!! I am so overjoyed for you! I will e-mail you tomorrow..can't think straight tonight, but really happy for you! congratulations!!!

Heather blake said...

Yippee! Congratulations, so much!

Historica said...

Congratulations ! I am happy for your family.

Jenny said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! She has a beautiful name.

Barbara said...

News that makes my heart sing! Congratulations!

Jody said...

Congratulations!! I love her name. Can't wait to meet her one day.

Ranavan said...

Sheri!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Eli said...

:*)

sandi said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!! You have waited so long! Hope your court comes quickly!!!!!!!

hazel said...

Yipee !! I am so happy for you guys and excited for Mikiyas to be a big brother! I hope the remainder of this adoption hustles along fast.

CinnamonOpus said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Jenny said...

congrats! How wonderful!

Jenny

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

AMAZING NEWS!!! Congratulations on your new daughter. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Congrats on your little girl, she sounds beautiful!!

Corrie said...

FINALLY!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Mikiyas is finally a big brother!!!!!

Praying your court date comes sooooooonnnnn!!!!!!!

Blessings!

Shelley said...

Have to congratulate you here too!!!!!! Praying everything runs smoothly from here for you.

I agree she has a beautiful name!!! (Our Miheret is just spelled a little differently).

Gina said...

Congratulations!!! Finally! We're so so happy for you!

Dana said...

Yehhhh. Congratulations. Enjoy Cloud 9.

Brightlight said...

I am so thrilled for you guys! Congratulations!!

Rowan Family Tree said...

Sheri!!! How did I miss this???

I am so very very very VERY happy for you.

All my best - now I have to scroll ahead and find out what happens NEXT!!!