March 23, 2011

Passports

About two weeks ago I sent in our passport applications.  I mailed them.  A part of me was nervous given Mikiyas' DOB issues in the past, but since it was all legal now I was hoping that I could try something the way a normal person might.  Complete an application, provide credit card information and pop it in the mail.

Today I get a phone call.  I see the call display as "Passport Canada" and I cringe.  "Crap!  I guess it wasn't going to be an easy task." is what ran through my head.  

But alas!  The man simply wanted to confirm the city in Ethiopia Mikiyas was born in.  Seriously?  That's it?  Could it be?  He thanked me and advised that we should have his passport in the next ten to twenty days.  

In the almost four years we've had Mikiyas, a government application was FINALLY easy.  Hallelujah!  That was easier than soccer registration.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news and now we will (I mean you will) be able to start making some travel plans :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Those phone calls always give you a freaking heart attack!!!

Connie said...

Yay! Finally something easy for a change! You deserve it. Glad that worked out well for you.

Carmen said...

I am so thrilled for you and your family (you don't know me by the way : ) but I have followed your Blog for a long time) and I am so happy to read that your long awaited referral has come, such really wonderful news, you must be over the moon! We're in a long wait as well (coming onto 3 years for Vietnam), so reading referral news give's me happiness while we wait! Just a quick question, you had a 2nd blog going for awhile which you had provided me access too, but than one day, a long time ago, I wasnt able to get in anymore, did you stop writing on your 2nd blog? I really enjoyed reading it as well.
Congratulations again, what a great way to enjoy your weekend!!
Carmen

The Hattons... said...

Carmen

I don't know what happened with you not being able to access it. Email me your email address again and I will check to see if it's still there. It could be because I think only 100 people at a time can subscribe and I know there's more than that listed. But do email me at slhatton at shaw dot ca.

Anonymous said...

congrats on that. we have not ordered passports in the last 4 yrs either. in fact we do not need them since the children are under 16, passport not required. mind you they have not travelled by AIR to another country. Ground crossings only. We do have the CDN ID card, etc and I guess the passports will be next. In the meantime our oldest son's passport disappeared and that is much more urgent since he WILL be 16 by the end of the yr...happy travels everyone

sk