May 02, 2011

Confession Monday

I confess that...

... We received a photo update of Mihret last week. She looks much healthier.

... I managed to drive to and from 100 Mile House for Easter weekend with Mikiyas and I didn't fall asleep while doing so. Miracles do happen!

... Easter candy is becoming an enemy of mine. We bought Mikiyas one thing. Everyone else bought him loads. I wish he would eat it so I don't want to. He keeps telling me to eat it, and although I've managed to restrain thus far, because I'm eating all my own, I will run out soon.

... I should really throw out his Halloween candy now. He never even finished the ten pieces he chose from the bucket, let alone all the rest he got.

... As much as it is good news that Osama is not personally a threat anymore, I'm not thrilled about his death. I'm not one of the ones partying and shouting for joy. Now I'm just wondering how much retaliation his followers will bring on. And honestly, no matter the crime, since when do we celebrate a person's death?

... I find it interesting that Osama's death is the anniversary of "Mission Accomplished" and also the day it went public that Hitler had died the day prior.

... I was more nervous than Mikiyas was at his Taekwondo test on Friday. Tonight he will hopefully receive his next belt at the presentation ceremony.

... I was appalled to see an 18 month old child watching a full on action flick at the theater the other day. Every time gun fire went off, he screamed. Babysitting is expensive, but children should be trumping entertainment. Parents: take the hint and leave!

... I have a full To Do list today and I better get on it. It includes another long drive to the dental surgeon for my 5 minute check on the implant. Ugh!

... I have to book an eye appointment. Receiving a boomerang in the eye last week was not the best thing for me.

... I no longer fear potty training.  I have 3 2-year-olds potty training in my house right now.

No comments: