May 09, 2011

Confession Monday

I confess that ...

... I've never been a runner.  I have exercised induced asthma that has limited my running since junior high.  

... I ran today so fast I shocked myself and my shoes.

... I didn't die.

... I only ran a short ways.

... a retriever of some sort almost lost his life today after it bee-lined across a field and took out Mikiyas while he was riding his brand new bike.

... although it was not an off-leash area, and the retriever was off-leash, I bent down and unhooked my dog's leash so he could go be the protective, loyal pet she is to Mikiyas around the retriever.  

... my dog is incredibly fast.  

... my dog can scare off big dogs.

... although a stranger spoke to Mikiyas, I am glad the landscaper of the area happened to be very close to Mikiyas and assisted him.

... I love my son's bike helmet.  He hit his head on the cement pathway.  If not for the helmet, we would have been calling 911.

... I believe I may need to buy a new helmet.  Are helmets like car seats?  Only good for one crash.

... I am really hoping my husband can fix Mikiyas' bike.  It's brand new and although a good deal, it's not like we have cash growing in the garden to pay for extra repairs.  The teenager with the loose dog apologized and got out before I was done checking over Mikiyas.  I didn't check the bike before he left because Mikiyas was more important.

... all other confessions have been forgotten as my mind is still thinking of the crazy dog / son / bike collision.  

... I will end with this confession: I have been a very moody-out-of-my-mind woman the last week.  I think my mom needs to come back for a visit.

4 comments:

June said...

Yikes!! Has your heart rate come down yet?

And yes, helmets are only good for one crash, even if there is no visible damage. It can be weakened enough that it wouldn't protect him in a second accident.

Dancin' Momma said...

Yes, helmets are only good for one crash. In fact some companies will replace it free of charge after a crash. Depends on the brand.

Glad everyone is ok.

Lisa said...

In my opinion, if people cannot control their big dogs, they should not have them. I would love to have seen Pugsli take out the retriever!

Auntie Gale said...

We are also so very thankful that Mikiyas survived that dog induced bike crash. Hopefully he is feeling alright; how did he handle it all? Crying, Quiet, Scared, Tough????I have to confess that I smiled at your comment  "I ran today so fast I shocked myself and my shoes!" ha.  Nice to know you can do it when you need to Sheri.I hope that the long lasting moody blues are fading.Love, Auntie Gale