Caller ID can be an evil thing. When the phone rings and you have Caller ID, you naturally look at it before answering. You can choose to answer it or let it go to a message. When you're waiting days on end of good news, your stomach automatically does a flip when the Caller ID shows their name.
The phone rang and I glanced. My stomach did a flip and I answered with a ... nothing. Nothing came out of my mouth for the first 5 seconds. I finally spurted out a hello. She replied hi back and gave her name. I said "you must have a court date for me". Indeed, she did. I then informed her that my stomach did a flip and she must call more often to alleviate me from getting sick every time they phone me.
Court will happen on July 25. Given the time change, we will actually be asleep while Lyle attends court. Okay, the rest of the world will be asleep. I likely won't be either.
So there we have it ... court is July 25. We are delighted. I actually seemed more excited about court than when I received the referral call!
The court closures will still affect us, but not as bad. They will affect us because after the Judge approves us as parents, MOWA [Ministry of Women's Affairs] has to approve us. They do 1 to 4 weeks after court when they're behind, which they are now. Then the court will process their approval. When MOWA's approval goes through, however, court will be closed and our file will wait until they return after September.
There is still hope of a December arrival, but we must also prepare our hearts that it can be in the New Year of 2012.
9 comments:
That is so awesome! Praying the july date goes perfectly!
Yippee! Congrats!!
Congratulations!!!
If all goes well I may actually be in Ethiopia around that time as well. I will hope for wonderful news for your family. I can't wait to hear!!!
Congrats!!!! Here`s to hoping that your hubby has a fantastic time in E and that you only need one court date plus that Mowa letter too.
Debbie
YYYAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! I knew it would happen soon - I just felt it!!! So exciting!! BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!!
M&J
This is such wonderful news to hear!! A real answer to all of our specific prayers!!
Yay!!! Congratulations! May court go very smoothly for you.
Yahoooo to a court date!!!!!!
I was so excited when I first read that as I thought it meant that you were "all in" before court closures. N such luck I guess, but at least it will be nice to have the travel portion now and then have some more months to save $$$ for the next travel. July 25th sounds really good to me for some reason.
P.S. We should make arrangements to get together this summer.
Post a Comment