| Gathering of Documentation | Individual | Total |
| Home study completion | *3 – 7 months | |
| Collection of Dossier documents | *4 – 7 months | * done simultaneously |
| Provincial letter of approval | 1 – 2 months | 9 months |
| Dossier Preparation | | |
| Notarization | 2 weeks | |
| Legalization by Foreign Affairs | 3 weeks | |
| Authentication by Embassy | 3 weeks | 2 months |
| Processing of file in Ethiopia | | |
| Translation, legalization, and authentication | 4 weeks | |
| Adoption Committee Approval | 4 – 8 weeks | |
| Child Proposal | 1 – 9 months | wait until child proposal |
| Immigration paperwork | *3 – 7 months | |
| Adoption Finalization | *2 – 8 weeks | * done simultaneously |
| Travel to country | 4 – 7 months after child formally accepted by family | 4 – 7 months after child accepted |
Before we met, I wanted you ... Before I found you, I loved you ... Before I touched your face, I would die for you ... This is the miracle of love.
January 22, 2006
Estimated Time Line of Ethiopian Adoptions
Time line c/o CAFAC:
Total Estimated Adoption Time Frame: 14 - 25 months duration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was speaking to a gal at the office I work in regarding your blog and she has a vision for you both. She can see you ministering to the hearts of those that aren't even entertaining thoughts of adoption yet, but those who may in the future be deep in the process as well. A Ministry of working to joining the hearts of the world together as one!
Post a Comment