May 08, 2006

DOSSIER HAS GONE! SCREAM WITH DELIGHT!

I'm sitting at work dealing with the rush of things as we're on day one of a fifteen day trial. Hectic doesn't even begin to describe what happens pre-trial and during trial. Long hours of being run off your feet. Lyle phoned me a few minutes ago to say we received an express post from CAFAC. I had a suspicion of what it was as we expected nothing else. I squealed with delight and told him to open it without waiting for me to come home.

Sure enough it was a copy of our dossier with all the seals, stamps and approvals from CAFAC, Foreign Affairs and the Embassy. With it was our tracking number with Fed Ex as the dossier was indeed sent to Ethiopia on Friday May 5, 2006. I typed it in and ... it arrived in Frankfurt Germany on Saturday so it could arrive in Addis Ababa as early as today.

I squealed with more joy, chased Joanne around the office grabbing her arms and doing a dance - she kindly advised me she would like to keep her arms. I jumped on her desk and danced some more. How am I to continue working today?!

FYI - we are two months ahead of our originally estimated schedule. We assume we will go back to the regular time frames from hereon in as we await our child proposal.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big congratulations is in order. You are well deserved.

Anonymous said...

How exciting – that’s great!! Can’t wait to find out more when you are assigned a child.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two! Wonderful news! I hope the rest will go as fast!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Amazing news! We are so happy for you two! (Although they couldn't possibly have turned you down!)
Lisa & Andrew

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for you guys. How exciting. To think the next time we all go WOOOHOOO it will be because you will be sharing the news about your child!!! How great is that!!
Louise

Anonymous said...

That's crazy... congratulations! Not that I doubted you'd be approved, but actually hearing about it is something else :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome ! but jumping on desks ? OK Tom Cruise !!! praying for you ! Laura T.