On Friday [Dec 15] friends came over to celebrate Mikiyas' first birthday. It was spur-of-the-moment party quickly put together on Wednesday night. Crazily enough with the December holiday / party schedules, almost everyone was available to come. We had a birthday cake, lots of chips, cookies, antipasto [my fav!!] and other desserts. And people even brought presents for Mikiyas.
With the card every one signed, and all the pictures taken, we will put together a great keepsake that Mikiyas can look back on one day.
With the card every one signed, and all the pictures taken, we will put together a great keepsake that Mikiyas can look back on one day. Lyle and I had a good laugh today ... we realized that Mikiyas will have no problem fitting in to our lives and with our friends. Fifteen people came to the party and only seven people, including Lyle and I, were Caucasian. I think we almost covered the entire continent of Asia! Thanks to everyone for helping make this even more real for Lyle and I.
2 comments:
Yeah for the party !! Glad you guys had fun and lots of people were able to attend !
So neat that you will be able to show this to Mikiyas when he is older !
Lisa
Awesome update. I'm so glad you did do something for Mikiyas' b-day. As you said, that was one decision that you did make quickly but the right one by the sounds of it (having a b-day party that is). This will all come together for Mikiyas when he is older. Very cool!
Fiona
Post a Comment