March 06, 2007

Not too many get excited about court dates ...

... but we sure do! Normally when people are advised about court dates, they cringe. I say that coming from the law profession. There are definitely numerous reasons that make people happy to have a court date, but the majority cringe.

We are absolutely thrilled to tell you we have a court date. CAFAC advised that they are even surprised that we got a court date that comes so soon. We are so thankful for the work that God is continuing to do with our file. It's amazing what can happen when you put your trust in Him!

On March 16, 2007 our Power of Attorney will be representing our family in Ethiopia. That's only a week and a half away.

Please continue to pray as more work needs to be done. Specifically, please pray that only the one hearing is required, not more. All parties must be present, including someone to represent Mikiyas' birth family. All paper work has to be current. And the Judge has the right to request additional information. Any of these things could put delays in place.

But to answer the question I know will flood my email box soon if I don't ... no we don't know when we travel yet. Once we have the results of the court hearing, and paper work is set in motion, CAFAC will have a better idea as to when we can travel. We appreciate your continued prayers!! Before you know it, we'll flyin' high - literally.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's soon indeed :) Great news!

Louise said...

Sheri, Lyle and Mikiyas...
I am so very very happy to hear that you got the court date...FINALLY.
You have the same court date as Sandi and Jason Funk. How cool. Two families to be made final that day!!!
Louise

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad to hear that things are finally falling into place for you guys!

Lisa W

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

YEAH !!!!!!

I'm soooo excited for all of you !!

I will pray that only one court date will be required !

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry, I've been checking your blog and praying for good news. Yeah! I'll definitely pray that everything goes really smooth.

emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your court date appointment!! Best wishes....and keep us posted!
Heather
Samra's Mommie!

Amy B. said...

Congradulations. I know it must be so nice to finally see things moving. I can only imagine the anxiety that you must have been going through waiting to meet Mikiyas. Again...I am happy for your family.
Amy

esther said...

awesome news!!!
YEAH Godw!!!

Anonymous said...

NO DELAYS IN GOD'S KINGDOM!! Only His appointed time :) and we are so happy that it is coming soon. We will continue to believe that everything will go well for both families as they become whole on March 16th. We look so forward to having Mikiyas Hatton home!!!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

So happy that you have finally heard some news. You guys are amazing for what you have gone through so far. I hope that it's not much longer until you have Mikiyas home safe.