Mentally - in the early stages of the process we mentally prepared to be a parent. We went to seminars, read books, had meetings with social workers and researched specific topics. We prepared ourselves as much as we could through education.
Emotionally - as time progressed we emotionally connected to our unknown child. We attached ourselves with love and care. After the referral, the emotions grew even more. Just as the explanation of this blog says: "Before we met, I wanted you ... Before I found you, I loved you ... Before I touched your face, I would die for you ... This is the miracle of love." We've shed our tears, our smiles and excitement for a little boy we had yet to meet.
Legally - it has come today. As we slept last night our Power of Attorney represented our family in court. At 12:51 pm today I was notified by email that court went really well and we were accepted. WE ARE NOW LEGALLY MIKIYAS' MOM AND DAD!
Physically - this is the next step. Once the birth certificate and passport / visa are completed by the Nairobi government, we will physically be holding our little boy in our arms as well as our hearts.
Congratulations to a special new mom H. in Vancouver who found out today that she had a successful court date as well! Here's hoping we fly from Vancouver together! And to JV., we'll continue to pray as your next court day approaches.
We do not have a travel date yet, but trust me, we will let you all know.
PS - don't forget to put a pin on the map [scroll down to the left] and mark where you live!
20 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
Congratulations.
I've been waiting for this time to come.
The Good Luck Guy.
CONGRATULATIONS I'm so happy for both of you. Keep this emails coming.
Berenika
Congratulations Sheri, Lyle and Mikiyas !!!!
I am sooooooo happy for all of you and can't wait to hear all about your trip to Ethiopia !!
Big hugs coming your way !!
Lisa
Congratulations!
congratulations
this will be the second time i will be an uncle in a year
Praise the Lord for He is good...
Congratulations on becoming a Mom and Dad. We are so happy for you both.
R&R
Dear Lyle & Sherrie;
I am so happy for your great news. Now we pray that the rest of the paper work will go smoothly and that you will beable to leave sooner rather than later. God is GOOD.
What a blessing it was that today after driving so many miles, to arrive at your door, and be greeted with such wonderful news. {we being Grandma and Great Grandma) To share this day with you both in person has been really special--not to mention with Grandpa and Grandma Hatton as well. Soon this wonderful little boy, YOUR SON, will be sharing his laughter and his tears with you both and he too will grow to know how wonderful his parents are. All our love to each of you.
YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!
From Gramma and Grampa Hatton,
we can't wait to meet our new little grandson. God is blessing you with a special gift. It seems like such a long time ago since you first told us of the adoption and now the time has come to prepare yourselves for travel. We would love to be there to see your faces when you first meet your SON.What a special day!You will have him in your arms very soon.
Congratulations to both of you!!, and to Gramma and Grampa Rushton and Great Gramma.
Love you.
I am so happy for you. Just as I am writing this...my little girl came and ask me to kiss her cheek because she hurt it. How great is it that your little boy will have you...his mommmy and daddy... to kiss his hurts for the rest of his life. Congradualations you guys!
Amy
YAY Sheri.
Have a great day of celebration today!!! Can't wait to see you bring Mikiyas home. Congrats mommy and daddy!!!!
Louise
Congratulations to both of you!
We are so excited to hear you are another step closer to your son! We look forward to your updates and thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey!
Much love,
Angela and Charles
Congratulations! We don't really know you, but you have been in our prayers!
What an amazing process of parenthood! Congratulations, Mom and Dad!! You are truly blessed! Mikiyas is your son. I look forward to hearing about your trip to meet him, which I'm sure will be coming soon!!
Blessings to you,
Gina
Yeah! Congratulations Mummy & Daddy.
Lesley
That’s fantastic you guys, I am so happy for you both. This will change your lives forever. J
Congratulations JJJ
Lisa
congratulations guys!!! so happy for u both, its about time!
Congragulations! What an exciting time for the two of you. I am so happy for you. I hope that everything continues to go smoothyly and you can hold your baby boy in your arms soon.
Christi
Post a Comment