During Mikiyas' adoption, even before we received his referral, we bought various things for him. We've learned from that. Mikiyas was bigger than expected so I gave a lot of small things away. He was older than expected so many baby type items were unnecessary. We did up his nursery, of which he used for six months before going to a new bedroom, themed with things he was actually interested in.
But one thing we didn't regret buying ahead of time was books. [See previous post - of which there are many more we bought since that are good for adoption / inter-racial families. Maybe it's time to update that list!] Mikiyas loves books. Most children enjoy books if their parents show an interest in it and encourage so books can be safe if you're willing to participate.
So in celebration of our paperwork heading to CAFAC and being told nothing more is needed, I purchased some books for our daughter to be.


There is another book to this series I'd like to get - Elizabeti's school - but I haven't ordered that yet.
But one thing we didn't regret buying ahead of time was books. [See previous post - of which there are many more we bought since that are good for adoption / inter-racial families. Maybe it's time to update that list!] Mikiyas loves books. Most children enjoy books if their parents show an interest in it and encourage so books can be safe if you're willing to participate.
So in celebration of our paperwork heading to CAFAC and being told nothing more is needed, I purchased some books for our daughter to be.


There is another book to this series I'd like to get - Elizabeti's school - but I haven't ordered that yet.

Jane Kurtz is an amazing author. Many of her children's books are stories taken from her life while living in Ethiopia as a young girl. Anything by Jane Kurtz really is terrific.
8 comments:
That series looks good...Elizabeti, where did you order from?
Rhonda
Books are the one thing I always felt safe buying throughout this wait too! Thanks for the suggestions :)
oh...and glad your dossier is off to CAFAC!
Thanks for the suggestions...I feel so excited just thinking about interesting books are out there! These look great!
I love, love, love books and they are my favorite thing to buy for myself and for my kids. I really liked your book list post and have written down many of your sugggestions. There is another one I really like called "I Don't Have Your Eyes" by Carrie A. Kitze. I would highly recommend it. The newest adoption book called "My Adopted Child - There is No One Like You" I did not like and wouldn't recommend...too much text for the age the pctures are geares for.
Thanks for the list!
LOVE those books! :)
Lesley
Oh books....I love to read and hope that our soon-to-be child will too...what great ideas to buy now
Thanks for the suggestions
Rana
Jane Kurtz really DOES have lovely books - I wish I had more... it'll be on my baby shower list! ha ha
Congrats on getting everything on its way..........
Nicky
Post a Comment