Hopefully this delay will only be by a day or two. Some of the papers that were received at CAFAC were not done on their style of forms, but were done on Sunrise's style. So we had to resign a few forms, get new criminal records checks [that sucked!] and I sent them out by Purolator today. Tomorrow CAFAC should receive them. If not Friday, then next week our file will head to Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.
For those who have done their Criminal Record Checks through the TrueCheck, they won't work for CAFAC. We had to redo them. Apparently TrueCheck doesn't have access to all databases, nor do they show any pending charges. Oh well.
For those who have done their Criminal Record Checks through the TrueCheck, they won't work for CAFAC. We had to redo them. Apparently TrueCheck doesn't have access to all databases, nor do they show any pending charges. Oh well.
4 comments:
Gotta love/hate these hiccups along the road... Sounds like you're on your way now!
Rhonda
hiccup is a good word for those little things but speedbump is what it feels like!!! anyway, glad it is sorted out and things are moving along.
Hello Lyle & Sheri,
My name is Bill McMullin. I am the CEO of TrueCheck Inc. I am disappointed to hear of the troubles you encountered with the certificates you ordered from police through our site.
Firstly, I would like to offer you a complete refund. We do not expect people to pay for a services that turns out to be of no value to them.
Secondly, we will contact the agency that did not accept the certificate and investigate their reasons for doing so in hopes that future applicants can enjoy the convenience that our service provides.
Please contact me personally at 1-866-839-3671 to arrange for your refund.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Bill McMullin
I'm so glad your paperwork is on its way (finally!) Originally we did the traditional crim record check (at the police station). Just before we travelled to ethiopia we found out that we needed a more current record check, but didn't have time to go the police station route. We used TrueCheck and it was fine (I guess it was just Sunrise that needed it, so maybe that's why).
Here's hoping that the wait to referral won't be too long!
Cheers, Gloria
Post a Comment