April 17, 2008

Some Good News ... Some Praises ... Some Clarification

First the good news. Our dossier has left CAFAC and is now on its way to Foreign Affairs in Ottawa for authentication. This process usually takes 2 weeks. It won't be long now until our dossier is in Ethiopia. I've got my analogy ... conception happened [not sure exactly at what point - signing the papers, finishing the homestudy ...] and now we're waiting for that confirmed test telling us we're pregnant. When it's in Ethiopia, we'll officially be expecting! I think I've been around too many pregnant people lately. Ha ha.

Secondly, the praises. We'd like to publicly thank TrueCheck for reimbursing us 100% for the police clearance checks that we were unable to use. After doing one of their random google searches on themselves, they found my blog post stating we were unable to use the clearance they provided. The CEO posted a comment offering a full refund and wanting to take steps to rectify any problems with CAFAC so that the clearances can be used in the future. We received the refund and now TrueCheck and CAFAC are discussing what it was about their clearance that they were unable to use. Good job TrueCheck for stepping up when it wasn't requested. I would have expected them to be more upset by my post possibly taking business away from them, but instead they were excellent in their offering a solution.

Now for the clarification. It was not Sunrise that was unable to accept TrueCheck's clearance. Sunrise suggested we use them as they have had success with using them in many other adoptions. It is just in their relations with CAFAC that at this point they will not be using TrueCheck Clearances. As well, our lengthy delay was not as a result of Sunrise the agency. It was as a result of our social worker, who works on a contract basis. We still love using Sunrise, are complete advocates, and if we ever do another adoption, we wouldn't hesitate to return to them for service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

foreign affairs is just like a little stopover on the way to your dossier's final destination of Ethiopia! it's getting close now!

The Pemberton's said...

I just checked your blog after not doing so for a while and I find out that you guys are adopting again! Congrats. It sounds like things have been a little crazy. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!
Can't wait to hear the update that they have everything they need and you can go and get your girl!

Chantel