It's official. Once again our home is expecting ~ our dossier has left for Ethiopia. Mikiyas is going to have a sister!It really seems like this adoption process has gone so much faster than the last one, like it was only a couple of months ago that we started. But here we are, 5 months, 3 weeks and 1 day. The process so far has actually taken longer than last time. I do remember the impatience and how I could feel alone and want so badly to receive my referral, even before the paper work would arrive in Ethiopia! But this time, it's easier. Mikiyas keeps us so busy and so focused on him that time just flies by. Don't get me wrong though. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of us having a daughter, Mikiyas having a sister, our home having even more love in it. It's just that I'm not dwelling on the time frame and the emptiness in our home this time around.
So, hopefully during 2009 we will return to Ethiopia to pick up our daughter! Mikiyas is excited about it as well. We had originally planned that I would go to Ethiopia with my mother and a friend, while Lyle stayed with Mikiyas at home. But, after Mikiyas made it very aware that he must go to Ethiopia with us to pick up his sister, we've decided that it has to be all three of us. It really will be a moment that can't be replaced and there can never be just the right words to explain the story and feelings. We've decided that we don't care about the cost [we're in so deep anyway] that we're all going. Mikiyas has even offered to share his piggy bank so he can go. He says that when his piggy bank is full, we will go pick up sister. We told him he better ask his grandparents for extra change!
Mikiyas talking to us about "sister" and going to Ethiopia took place a few months ago. It was good timing too as he was starting to have some one-year anniversary anxieties. We were able to reassure him that we would return home altogether as a family. No one would be left behind. That he would get to keep his room, and no I wouldn't give his toys back to the store. But now, Mikiyas wants to go tomorrow. His excitement and impatience may end up making this journey a long one for me after all!
26 comments:
Yeah, it's such a relief to have that paperwork done. How long do you think you will have to wait for a referral?
Congratulations on expecting!! I'm looking forward to following this journey!
Yahoo! That is so exciting! So cute that Mikiyas is soo excited to pick up his sister that he's willing to use his own money! I think it will be wonderful experience to share that moment with the whole family!
Looking forward to hearing about your referral!
Ricki
Wow!!! That is sooo exciting!! I hope that this wait is a quick one!!! I can't wait to follow along in your second journey to Ethiopia!!
Louise
CONGRATULATIONS !!! I am so excited for you all.
AWESOME NEWS!!!! Lyle, Sheri & Mikiyas
I am so happy for the three of you, a sister for Mikiyas is so exciting and fulfilling for your family. I love the fact of the three of you making the trip to bring her home. It is like all of you heading off to the hospital to bring the new baby home. What exciting memories you will all have of this special trip to bring home your little girl.
Huge hugs
Congrats on the awesome news!!! I couldn't be any happier for your family.
You're right... this time did seem alot quicker than the first.
Cant' wait to meet your little girl.
Lots of love Kevin and Nancy
Congrats on expecting again!!
My daughter has had similar comments about sharing her money (becasue she has lots) and sharing her room!
In the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Grandma voice: "Sounds expensive..." j/k =D Congrats you two!
Congratulations!
YEAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS! What excitement to be expecting again!
Wonderful news!!! That's so sweet that's Mikiyas is excited about his new sister and wants to go with you to pick her up. Wishing you a speedy referral!
Rhonda
Congratulations! And that's sooooo sweet about Mikayas demanding to go!
Congrats on expecting again even if really in your heart you have been expecting for a while already !
I also find it soo fun that you will all be able to travel and that Mikiyas can share this with you !
Also wishing you a speedy refferal :)
Lisa
Woooohooooo! Congratulations! Looking forward to following along :)
Yahoo!! Congratulations on expecting! That is so exciting and how cool that Mikiyas is just as excited :)
Hope you guys get a quick referral!!
Rana
CONGRATS!!! So excited for you guys! i can't wait to hear that you have a referral.
glad to hear that things have been easier this time around.
Sandi
Congrats!!
How long did you guys have to wait for approval to come back from the ministry?? Just curious
(-:
Sheri thanks for the update. Hopefully all will work out for you. We have a picture posted on the frig to remind us to pray for you, all three. God bless. Cal & Elsie
Hi Sheri: So very excited about your "new daughter". Thank you for keeping me in the loop.
Diane Bradley
Hi Sheri, Lyle and Miki!
Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that your family is growing and that the three of you will be going to Ethiopia to pick up your daughter. That will be a very precious experience for Miki, I'm sure.
God's speed to you all!
YEAH!! I get another cousin!
i'm so happy for you guys...for all of us actually. we all get blessed by it!
Great news! Blessings and safety!
Alden
Congrats, Sheri!!!!
Hi Sheri,
CONGRATS!
Thought I'd say "hello" on your blog. We met on the CAFAC boards...I'm the gal from Prince George adopting sibling girls.
Just thought I'd let you know that our file was picked up on April 9th - so perhaps we may travel together too?! We just had friends return with their daughter and I must say, I truly feel like I'm expecting, now! Living vicariously, I guess.
You'll have to give me all your hottest tips as we all prepare for travel dates!!
YIPPEE! I'm going to have daughters!!
Take care
So excited for you!!!
Nicky
Post a Comment