If you have 3 birthdays a year, does that mean you multiply your age by 3?
If my five year old now has 3 birthdays every year, does that mean he can get his license in a few months? Don't worry. We'll make sure he can read his driver's manual within the next few months, and we'll put some lifts on the peddles so he can reach them.
Citizenship sent us a new citizenship card for Mikiyas. I received it today in the mail. My heart fluttered as I grasped the envelope. I was nervous ... did they correct it or decline our request? My heart broke in pieces as I checked the digits and realized that they declined it.
I phoned the MP office and asked if this was as a result of their input or if this is something that maybe crossed in the timing of decision making process as it was only a couple of weeks ago that I contacted them. It is definitely NOT as a result of their input. They are still "fighting" for the right DOB too. This is citizenship's decision without MP involvement. Well, I guess for $75.00 and an almost 2 year wait I can get a new card with an updated photo on it!
A few hours later I was sorting through the papers on the counter and looked at the card more closely. I then realized it ... not only did they decline the REAL birthday, they screwed up the OLD CRAP birthday. I suppose that's a problem when 10/12 can be interpreted as either month/day or day/month. So what do I do with a third birthday that is now LEGAL?!?! Of which I apparently paid for?!?!
Back to the phone with the MP's office. They had just received a fax from citizenship advising them of the card being sent to me with that date. They too noticed the incorrect date and were wondering where a third DOB came from. Thankfully, this is something they're tending to immediately.
In addition, they're going to assist me in dealing with Revenue Canada for the tax benefits. That 100.00 a month you get until you are six years old is not something you can voluntarily withdraw from. So being that Mikiyas is now 4 years old on paper, he'd continue getting it. But if we do legally get it corrected they'll come back to me to repay them for the 100.00 a month with interest!! So even if I do the honest thing and voluntarily request that we not receive the money, I'll be declined. And, even if we do not spend it, but put it in an account to send it to them when they do request it back, I'd still be charged interest! It's not my fault people.
I pray that this second adoption does not bring the same headache. Of course, if it does, it'll be straight to the MP's office rather than even attempting to do it without involving politics.
If my five year old now has 3 birthdays every year, does that mean he can get his license in a few months? Don't worry. We'll make sure he can read his driver's manual within the next few months, and we'll put some lifts on the peddles so he can reach them.
Citizenship sent us a new citizenship card for Mikiyas. I received it today in the mail. My heart fluttered as I grasped the envelope. I was nervous ... did they correct it or decline our request? My heart broke in pieces as I checked the digits and realized that they declined it.
I phoned the MP office and asked if this was as a result of their input or if this is something that maybe crossed in the timing of decision making process as it was only a couple of weeks ago that I contacted them. It is definitely NOT as a result of their input. They are still "fighting" for the right DOB too. This is citizenship's decision without MP involvement. Well, I guess for $75.00 and an almost 2 year wait I can get a new card with an updated photo on it!
A few hours later I was sorting through the papers on the counter and looked at the card more closely. I then realized it ... not only did they decline the REAL birthday, they screwed up the OLD CRAP birthday. I suppose that's a problem when 10/12 can be interpreted as either month/day or day/month. So what do I do with a third birthday that is now LEGAL?!?! Of which I apparently paid for?!?!
Back to the phone with the MP's office. They had just received a fax from citizenship advising them of the card being sent to me with that date. They too noticed the incorrect date and were wondering where a third DOB came from. Thankfully, this is something they're tending to immediately.
In addition, they're going to assist me in dealing with Revenue Canada for the tax benefits. That 100.00 a month you get until you are six years old is not something you can voluntarily withdraw from. So being that Mikiyas is now 4 years old on paper, he'd continue getting it. But if we do legally get it corrected they'll come back to me to repay them for the 100.00 a month with interest!! So even if I do the honest thing and voluntarily request that we not receive the money, I'll be declined. And, even if we do not spend it, but put it in an account to send it to them when they do request it back, I'd still be charged interest! It's not my fault people.
I pray that this second adoption does not bring the same headache. Of course, if it does, it'll be straight to the MP's office rather than even attempting to do it without involving politics.
3 comments:
A 3rd birth date! Are they crazy over at CIC - I think they are crazy over there....and I haven't even had to deal with them on this kinda stuff yet.
Drat. I'm so sorry to hear they declined the change.
The universal child care benefit issue never would have even occurred to me... nothing can be simple, can it.
What a pain! Sorry they screwed up and didn't do it right. We're still waiting, who knows what they'll do with us (although according to the Canadian revenue agency I have biological siblings 3 months apart!)
Post a Comment