We have hit the gestation period of an African Elephant.
640 days
Only 5 days short of the Asian Elephant, which is the longest gestation period.
Two of my cousins are pregnant. Both have gotten pregnant and given birth once already since we started our adoption. One of them has gotten married and had twin boys since we started our adoption, so she's now expecting her third child while I'm still waiting on one to arrive.
In the news of the most recent pregnancy, someone said to me that it's cool to have two cousins expecting at the same time. The kids can be close in age and grow up together.
But, there's three of us expecting. Just, in the adoption world, especially with it taking so long, the expecting parents are often forgotten about. We are expecting ... still.
640 days
Only 5 days short of the Asian Elephant, which is the longest gestation period.
Two of my cousins are pregnant. Both have gotten pregnant and given birth once already since we started our adoption. One of them has gotten married and had twin boys since we started our adoption, so she's now expecting her third child while I'm still waiting on one to arrive.
In the news of the most recent pregnancy, someone said to me that it's cool to have two cousins expecting at the same time. The kids can be close in age and grow up together.
But, there's three of us expecting. Just, in the adoption world, especially with it taking so long, the expecting parents are often forgotten about. We are expecting ... still.
6 comments:
Wow, 640 days... that sounds so long when you put it that way! The long wait sucks, that's for sure! It's just not fair that some families get children so quickly and us adoptive families have to wait forever!
I know what it's like to be forgotten, but you certainly are not forgotten in the adoption community! I hope you get that referral soon!
Yuck, that sucks when you surpass the elephant, sigh.
I hear ya - about being" forgotton" about expecting. I have a sister and sister in law both expecting.
I pray that we will soon have our referrals.......
Waiting right here with you, Shauna
Luckily your ankles are nowhere near as big as those of an elephant. ;-) It does sound so long when you put it that way! You have endured with so much grace and I admire you for that. Grace doesn't mean there are never bad days, but you are definitely a gracious person. Happy to know you. Grateful to be following your journey.
Oy, it makes my head hurt. And my heart hurt!
It will happen. Take heart :-) I had many many days when I felt the same way. It sucks, but in the end it is still worth the agony.
Post a Comment