Yes, I have a brief update. It even has to do with my long, drawn out citizenship DOB change for Mikiyas. Hard to believe, I know.
It has been almost two years now since I sent out our application to citizenship to have things amended. I called this morning to do an address change [yay, we've moved finally!], and to check on the status.
Although it is still marked "urgent", and has been since June 2009, things haven't moved. They're still trying to verify information. Apparently. So, without unloading all the things I wished to say into the phone to the non-understanding person on the other end of the line, I simply said good-bye.
I phoned our MLA's office here in Airdrie. The lady there was terrific and sympathetic. She said I need to go higher up and gave me the line to the MP's office.
I phoned the MP's office. She too was terrific to talk to. I am to email the information and they'll get on it "right away". I mentioned that I had never wanted to go political if it wasn't needed. I was hoping to break some ground and get this dealt with, without a fight. She said I'll never get anywhere without getting them involved. It has to be done.
So, we're taking the curve in the road. We'll see where it takes us.
It has been almost two years now since I sent out our application to citizenship to have things amended. I called this morning to do an address change [yay, we've moved finally!], and to check on the status.
Although it is still marked "urgent", and has been since June 2009, things haven't moved. They're still trying to verify information. Apparently. So, without unloading all the things I wished to say into the phone to the non-understanding person on the other end of the line, I simply said good-bye.
I phoned our MLA's office here in Airdrie. The lady there was terrific and sympathetic. She said I need to go higher up and gave me the line to the MP's office.
I phoned the MP's office. She too was terrific to talk to. I am to email the information and they'll get on it "right away". I mentioned that I had never wanted to go political if it wasn't needed. I was hoping to break some ground and get this dealt with, without a fight. She said I'll never get anywhere without getting them involved. It has to be done.
So, we're taking the curve in the road. We'll see where it takes us.
5 comments:
Good luck! Sometimes you need to bring out the big guns!
MPs are your greatest ally in all things citizenship and immigration. You should see some progress soon. :)
Oh I hope your MP makes this happen for you FINALLY!
Thank you for being a pioneer in this age changing thing. There are those of us who are watching your progress with great interest as we hope to be able to follow on the road you are clearing for us.
I second what Shelley said about MPs. Our kids would have been in Ethiopia for another two or three weeks were it not for our awesome MP.
I agree fully with Sharla - Thanks so much for sharing your journey with all of us and pioneering this process. It's so unfortunate that it needs to be done - it seems so simple to those of us who are not pushing papers. We are in the middle of determining ages and it's a tough process. Keep us posted!
Jenn
Post a Comment