April 11, 2011

Confession Monday

I confess that ...

... after seeing just how much we spend in a year on haircuts [and we don't pay a dime for Mikiyas'], I actually wondered if I should go back to school to become a hairdresser.  Ridiculous.  And we don't even go to one of those fancy smancy salons.  Nor do I dye my hair.

... I am really looking forward to Easter weekend.  So is Mikiyas!

... I think I like Ethiopian food more than Canadian.

... I sent off all our paperwork and LOADS of dollars to CAFAC on Saturday.

... I have a fear of losing my cat, Sandi, now that I've already lost Carmin. I need to call the vet about her eye but I'm nervous I'll get bad news.

... I need April to be over.

... I am still in my pajamas trying to be motivated at 10:00am. I need to get a move on things before the day is wasted!

... I used to parent quite well without yelling at all. Over the last year I've become a parent who yells. Not all the time but definitely enough that I feel guilty and hate myself for it. Mikiyas let's it go, but I don't. I need to. And I need to go back to the way it was. Habits are hard to break!

... I look forward to when my dog is a little older. I'm hoping she'll be a little easier to walk. But I am sure enjoying the walks I am getting in with her now that the weather is getting nicer. I've been trying to go for an hour every evening. Her and I both love it.

... I still have bought nothing for Mihret. I am so proud.

2 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

If you want some tips on teaching your puppy to walk better let me know. I am currently in full on training mode with my 7 month old pup, and have done a lot of dog training in the past (I use to rescue and rehabilitate dogs).

As for the hair cut thing, can you imagine trying to cut your own hair? LOL

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your honesty about the yelling. I'm not sure I ever was a calm parent, but I yell too much. It's the hardest habit I've ever worked on breaking... still working! I have found that if I wear a braclet on my wrist it seems to remind me to calm down. It's also a goal to keep the braclet on the wrist, if I yell I have to move it to the other one.