February 08, 2007

Vaccinations are done ... and so much more

I'm one of those people who isn't afraid of needles. Blood doesn't bother me either. I have a high pain tolerance ... but a low nauseousness tolerance.

At 6:15 am on Tuesday [Feb 6] we attended the travel clinic for our final round of vaccinations. Included was the yellow fever vaccination. One in four people end up sick. Me, being a person who takes an ambulance ride after a non-drowsy decongestant, is of course part of that 25%. After a brief dizzy spell about five minutes after the needle I didn't feel too bad. Until Wednesday.

It came gradually. I woke up a little nauseous and sore. I've been needing to see the chiropractor for my regular maintenance, but this was a little different. By the afternoon I couldn't stand up straight. Walking and sitting were both incredibly painful. I was lethargic and forgetting words in my sentences, although those symptoms didn't last too long. I finally made it to the chiropractor who helped incredibly. I left with the ability to walk standing up instead of looking like I was 110 years old. I was still in alot of pain. My hips, low back, neck and head were constant. Shooting pains would randomly go through my limbs. So pain killers and sleep it was.

I woke up feeling so much better and close to pain free this morning. I saw the chiropractor again after work today and I am so thankful! He's made me feel so much better. Thank you Dr. Abraham!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better..at least you don't have to have the Yellow Fever for another ten years! :)
Lesley

Sarah said...

Todd and I had our shots on Tuesday the 6th as well! The random pains were almost un bearable! It felt like the pain was so deep inside each and every bone and joint! Mine lasted about 3 days like that, and not another moments greif since. But I've been on a cleanse for 3 weeks now to help my body deal with the preservatives in the vaccines- so I'm sure that's why it wasn't any worse!
Is planning my kids' "culture trip" before I have to have the vaccine again too self-involved??? LOL?