January 10, 2011

Confession Friday, I Mean Monday ... Again

I confess that...

... I am once again doing Friday's confession on a Monday, and I don't care if you think I'm lazy.  Laziness for the blog just means I'm not being lazy in my other duties as a mother, wife, homemaker, homeschool teacher, child care provider, unofficial preschool teacher .....

... I was so proud that my son knew his Bible stories so well as he taught preached to other kids, but was jealous that he knows them way better than I do.  I think as adults we sit in church learning about the Bible in very small segments.  We listen to the pastor take apart a verse or two for an hour while forgetting the "stories" within the Bible.  I am a story reader.  I am not a text book reader.  I think I need to go back to my own Children's Bible and read it like a child so I can embrace the stories again.  

... I miss and love Ethiopia so much.  I long to be back there.  I dream of it.  Not just because I have more children there, but because Africa has been a part of me for the last twenty-four years, and Ethiopia specifically for the last five years.  Being with Ethiopians on Friday night reminded me again how much I miss the people and culture.  I long to be there.

... a part of me was disappointed that we did not see one other adoptive family at the Ethiopian restaurant on Friday to celebrate Ethiopian Christmas.  We know there are many out there celebrating in their own ways, but we had hoped to see some at the restaurant. 

... I was very bummed out that we did not get a single donation / offer / bid on the 250.00 satellite radio system we were auctioning off to raise money for the water system in Ethiopia.  If not for our friend in Manitoba guilting some of his friends into donating we would not have had even one bid.  Sadly, it went for $40.00.  Thankfully, our friend was able to convince the other two bidders to still donate their bids even though they didn't win.  He raised $105.00.  Better than nothing and I need to be thankful.

... I spent an evening on this website: http://www.damnyoucorrect.com/ and laughed myself to tears.  Twice the dog came over to see what was wrong with me!  

... I am in love with our new truck but I feel like I don't deserve such a beautiful vehicle.  And I drive down the road proud, but at the same time wanting to hide my face that I have something so valuable when there's children ... you know the story.

... I love listening to my dog snore.  It's a little snore and sounds so cute.

... I love the smell of pets sleeping.  Both the cats and the dog.  It's a sweet [perhaps sweaty] smell and I like it.  I know - weird!

... I find it ??  I can't think of the word.  People going through or thinking about adoption related topics post things on their blogs.  People get excited and relate well and think it's a marvelous topic.  I go back and realize I posted the same thing three or four years ago.  I realize no one reads old posts and no one reads my blog anymore.  They've moved on to more current / voiced blogs. I have less to type about this time around because I've already posted it once before.

... I am considering shutting down my blogs.  There are so few readers out there now.  The public blog [the quiet one as our adoption is so quiet] still seems to get many hits, but I spend more time marking comments as spam than I do typing on it, so I think they're not "real" hits.  The private blog is lacking motivation because I'm only writing for maybe five people now, all of which I talk to anyway.  My family gets the posts the easy way [email] and I think it's why we rarely get phone calls from many of them as they're somewhat updated on our lives.  The people who do read it are friends who I chat or email with so what's the point? 

4 comments:

Curly Mama said...

Awww...don't close your blog! I still check in. I was away and just got back last night from TO, sorry I missed your auction!

Laura

Lisa said...

I agree - don't close it down! I know we live very close now, but we still don't have much time to talk all that often!
Sorry the auction didn't go as well as you hoped. I did email it to several friends and family, but I guess no one got back to you.
Also, you can totally love the smell of sleeping dogs & cats. I personally love the smell of horses, which is basically sweat and poop - so each to her own!

Anonymous said...

I read too Sherri, but I'm a bad comment giver! I find I don't have as much time to read all the blogs I used too, sigh, or even keep up with my own blog!! Ack.

Kyle and Marion said...

I read it too Sherri!
I love connecting with what you have to say, even though I am not very good at leaving comments.
Please don't close it down.