January 14, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that ...

... as much as I hated everything about social studies when I was in school, and even college, and still refuse to watch the news etc., I am really enjoying learning ancient history with Mikiyas in his homeschooling.

... I am fighting a battle with Revenue Canada.  I may win.  I hope I win.  I don't want to pay them thousands of dollars that shouldn't be theirs.  After 11 1/2 years of marriage, 4 prior audits, we've hit our 5th audit with the 2009 taxes.  Why do we always get audited?  Who knows.  Have we ever been wrong?  No, they've always ended with a letter acknowledging no errors.  Are we wrong this time?  Technically, no.  But some things they may win in simply because we cannot get the documents from outside sources to support our claims.  They tell us they are correct expenses but we need letters from others to confirm.  That's what we're currently struggling with.  Will we win?  This time, I really don't know.

... I loved having snow day on Monday.  I wish I could have more snow days but they generally don't affect me.  This time, I got one.  I baked granola bars, muffins, cookies, had crock pot stew for lunch and made a homemade chicken and rice soup for dinner.  Also did some dealings with Revenue Canada and had the builders come cut a hole in my kitchen ceiling.

... I'm jealous Mikiyas is in Taekwondo.  I've always wanted to do kickboxing.  Maybe one day.

... I'm jealous that Mikiyas is already a better swimmer than I am.  

... I shouldn't be jealous.

... Last night after the cremator and the vet left with Carmin, I sobbed so hard.  I don't remember sobbing that hard since our first miscarriage.  It felt good, but left me with the most insane headache and back ache.  Now I'm struggling with uncontrollable moments of crying as I walk into a room of the house and remember seeing Carmin.  I miss him so much already.  I'm glad I had the time to hold him up to his favorite window to watch outside and listen to a barely-there purr.  He then died peacefully in my arms, on his favorite blanket, on my bed, his favorite place in the house.

... I am amazed once again with Mikiyas in how he handled Carmin's death and the questions he has about God and Heaven.  

... As much as I need the distraction today, and must get on with things, I'd like today a tiny bit more if there were no kids coming.  I'd curl up on the couch with a blanket, Sandi [who keeps looking for Carmin] and a good movie or two.  Must not forget a Coke and some M&Ms.  I could also go to the chiropractor. 

... I have procrastinated terribly long in renewing Lyle's and my passports, obtaining one for Mikiyas, getting family photos arranged and doing Mikiyas' grade one photos.  Maybe someday before grade two starts.

... After discussing our childrens' bum sizes and the lack of jeans that properly fit them, I was reminded of a time my child made me laugh hysterically.  We've always called his bum his bootie and therefore he has always called it that too.  One day in a store, he came up to me, slapped me in the bum and said "Nice bootie!".  Those around us were horrified not realizing that this child said this to his own mother.  Not looking a whole lot alike, it was assumed he did this to some random stranger, that stranger being me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are grieving well. It sucks. I'm sorry.

I hope you kick CRA BUTT. (yes, I have issues with their practices)

Thank you for the passport reminder. I must do that NOW.

Ok. the bootie scenario left me breathless with laughter. I can totally picture.

Anonymous said...

Great Post Sheri. Thanks for sharing. Again I am reminded what a wonderful writer you are. Hope you can relax and enjoy your weekend with Miki and Lyle.