January 10, 2012

January 10 Journal Email

Not much to tell.  Did our final day of chilling and walking around before Lyle and Leona arrive.  I had very little sleep as I was just uncomfortable.  They had no bananas at breakfast so Mihret's day was pretty much ruined.  It set the mood for the day - hungry and unsatisfied!  I finally had to go buy some from the market.  However, she has made such a transformation from a screaming, miserable little girl to a bundle of fun, most times.  She is really connecting with Mikiyas, but not with anyone else.  She clings to me whenever someone else touches her or comes near her.

Mikiyas is becoming quite comfortable here, although missing home very much.  Today he bought a pop at one of the markets.  On his way back to the guest house he went up to two teen boys and have them the pop.  They were very grateful.  Mikiyas' amazing love always shines through his crazy, hyper, such-a-boy insanity!

We got quite a lengthy email from our adoption agency.  It had some disheartening news, but thankfully nothing that will affect us currently.  But it does mean that we will not be doing a third adoption from Ethiopia.  As we are here, we will close a certain chapter in our hearts.  We will come back, but just not to extend our family further through this beautiful country.  We will see where a door opens at a later date, if at all.

Mikiyas and I stayed up a little later as we waited for Lyle and Leona's plane to come in.  After we heard it fly over head, he relaxed and miraculously drifted off to sleep.  I stayed awake until they got here.  When I finally heard the horn beep and the gate open, I flew down the stairs for hugs and luggage hauling.  It was so nice to have Lyle come.  We talked a lot and looked through a bit of the luggage he brought.  I finally drifted off to sleep about three hours before Mihret would wake me up....

No comments: