January 14, 2012

January 14 Journal Email

The day for myself was pretty mellow.  I stuck around the guest house for most of the day.  I wanted to spend some time hanging out with Mikiyas (and Mihret) in the morning while the others went to a coffee distributor for some big buys.  Big buys as in quantity, not price. Mikiyas and I enjoyed some down time and he's become a pro at playing UNO now.

I did join the others in a quick noon outing to the grocery store for a few items we like to have around here.

 
After lunch, I put Mihret down for a nap and enjoyed some solitude (but not sleep) as the others went to the anthropological museum.  Apparently it was a terrific outing.  Mikiyas learned a lot about the history of Ethiopia and the culture.  It was great hearing from him different facts and events. Although it was a school type outing, he really seemed to enjoy himself. When they got back I went for a walk with my mom without children.  It was refreshing for me, but mom said I walk way to fast when I don't have them.

 


We had a very late evening, especially for both kids, as we went out with many other people staying here for a 7:30 dinner with entertainment.  It was traditional dinner and dancing.  Dancing was limited to the stage so no, we did not need to participate.  However, they did manage to get two people from our group up dancing at different times.  The food was quite good, and we were able to try a few things we hadn't before, and the entertainment was terrific.  Both Lyle and I did feel that we've had better food before though.  One of the ladies did the head swinging thing so fast you could catch a weird glimpse of her eyes.  She looked alien like she was bobbing so fast. I kept waiting for her head to take off into space.




Getting back so late, we all crashed to bed pretty quickly.  The two grandmas, having never seen entertainment like that, really seemed to have enjoyed themselves.  As we crawled into the guest house, we were told we'd be leaving at 8:00 in the morning for our next adventure.  But just before we fell asleep, Mikiyas lost a tooth!
 

No comments: